Cab impedance should always meet or exceed the Amps requirement. If your amp head says 8 ohms minimum, than you can use 8 or 16 ohm cab. If it's switchable just make them match.
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
^ gtfo if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll damage (possibly) people's expensive equipment with crap advice like that. that's for SS amps, not valve amps.

Yeah if your cab is rated at 8 ohms, plug into your amp's 8 ohm output. And make sure the cab is set to "mono". With valve amps you should be matching the impedances.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you have that 1 amp and 1 cab, use example 2: "8 Ohm" jack on the head to the "Input" on the cab in mono mode. Use a SPEAKER (not instrument) cable and you're good to go.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Kindred_Future
Cab impedance should always meet or exceed the Amps requirement. If your amp head says 8 ohms minimum, than you can use 8 or 16 ohm cab. If it's switchable just make them match.

this is true for solid state amps, but it seems he is dealing with a tube amp. tube amps want the impedance matched.

@TS, yup. set it to 8 ohms, and connect it to an 8 ohm cab using a speaker cable.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae