Page 1 of 2
I totally bet we're in the matrix, fellas. Keanu Reeves? That's actually Neo IRL, takes vacation in the matrix (our world) because his world sucks. Remember when that dude made a deal with the agent "I wanna be a movie star", well that's what Neo did. It's so obvious, and nothing exists.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Failed mirror thread
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
naaahahfshhaaahaaranagda
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
So what your saying is that Neo's world was so crappy he IRL'd himself into the matrix, and lived a hero story he programmed for fun? If so then I guess I'd def do the same.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I perceive that I am alive.

I perceive that I am dead.

I perceive that I will live.

I perceive that I will die.

I perceive that I am living.

I perceive that I am dying.

I perceive that I am conscious.

I perceive that I am unconscious.

I perceive that I am which I am not.

I perceive that I am me.

I perceive. Everything.
im with the adbot on this one
Quote by GuitarQ33r0
I remember my first joint

I don't
but I know the smell well
should try that stuff sometime
Quote by Hydra150
I don't
but I know the smell well
should try that stuff sometime

The first time I had any was in a pot brownie, and my friend was like "no man you gotta have like 3 for it to work" and while he did trick me, it was was a pleasant trick.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
We are in a matrix. The matrix is a very good metaphor of our world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCUhFZnxoBU
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Last edited by shelovemyguitar at Jun 17, 2013,
Quote by flame843
i can prove that i exist.

i am still able to perceive the world. that means that even if everything i perceive is false and does not exist, someone or something would have to be fooling me into believing things are real. in order to be deceived, i must exist. therefore, i can say that I exist.

How about this: Illusion is truth for the one who sees. Then how would you know if it was real? What is real then? What you think is? It could still be an illusion and you wouldn't be able to see it as something else than real? At some point, you'll have to make a choice, inb4 the matrix.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
You gonna make a thread telling us that you've discovered the meaning of the band name 'Limp Bizkit' too?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
You gonna make a thread telling us that you've discovered the meaning of the band name 'Limp Bizkit' too?

Unerect dick.

F*cking genius.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
Unerect dick.

F*cking genius.

No, that's wrong
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Whether your scepticism be as absolute and sincere as you pretend, we shall learn by and by, when the company breaks up: we shall then see, whether you go out at the door or the window; and whether you really doubt if your body has gravity, or can be injured by its fall; according to popular opinion, derived from our fallacious senses, and more fallacious experience. And this consideration, may, I think, fairly serve to abate our ill-will to this humourous sect of the sceptics. If they be thoroughly in earnest, they will not long trouble the world with their doubts, cavils, and disputes: if they be only in jest, they are, perhaps, bad railers; but can never be very dangerous, either to the state, to philosophy, or to religion.- Hume

In other words, at the end of the day you walk out the door, not the window. As he says, constantly doubting is ****ing pointless, and is not really damaging to philosophy or religion whatsoever.
Cogito ergo sum.

TS loses.

Prove anything doesn't exist.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by flame843
i can prove that i exist.

i am still able to perceive the world. that means that even if everything i perceive is false and does not exist, someone or something would have to be fooling me into believing things are real. in order to be deceived, i must exist. therefore, i can say that I exist.

Dude, but what if like, you really can't think, and something is playing an evil trick on you making you think that you can think without you actually thinking?
RIP Gooze

cats
this thread is terrible. if we are in the matrix then please could you get someone to do some matrixy shit and undo this thread.

Quote by naedauuf
Unerect dick.

F*cking genius.
wrong.

f*cking genius.
Last edited by kthxbi at Jun 17, 2013,
I think the correct response to Matrix-esque thoughts is "who gives a ****? It makes no difference"

I always wondered in the Matrix why they were so desperate to live in the real world. It was a ****ing hole in the ground. It was shit. Alternatively, they could've just lived in a normal world. I know which I would choose.
First of all, if you're exposing a theory, you have to prove your theory and not ask the others to prove it wrong. Where are the facts? Scientific fundaments? Guess no.
"(...) My hope will be in Zion, as I strife through a world so cold..."
Quote by TheGuitarGuyBr
First of all, if you're exposing a theory, you have to prove your theory and not ask the others to prove it wrong. Where are the facts? Scientific fundaments? Guess no.

Oh dear.. Are you new here?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Find a needle. Jab it in your skin. Did it hurt? Both you and the needle exist.

EDIT: As I don't condone hard drugs, maybe that example is a bad one.

Find a rock. Smash it in your head. Did it hurt? Both you and the rock exist.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Jun 17, 2013,
Somebody else put up the same exact thread yesterday.. wtf?
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Consider this: Your brain is nothing except electrical impulses traveling between neurons. So whats to say some advanced race didn't just recreate you, yourself, no one else, as a total AI, and programed just that feeling of a needle hurting you. Your brain is 100% synthetic in their lab, and they just thought to create the world as you perceive it.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

I had a Scientologist ask me this once.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by jjfeu662
Find a needle. Jab it in your skin. Did it hurt? Both you and the needle exist.

EDIT: As I don't condone hard drugs, maybe that example is a bad one.

Find a rock. Smash it in your head. Did it hurt? Both you and the rock exist.

Maybe the rock is your own imagining to punish yourself for your own wrongdoings
Quote by whywefight
Maybe the rock is your own imagining to punish yourself for your own wrongdoings

No, but if you hit another person and he dies, can you prove he ever existed?

Quote by kcmoon5150
Somebody else put up the same exact thread yesterday.. wtf?

This is a mirror thread that I have no idea why I'm still posting in.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Jun 17, 2013,
Quote by whywefight
not after I've drug him to the forest