hi
I have an rgt-42 equiped with an edge pro II
the metal block at the bottom of the bridge has a wide angle ,not allowing me to pull up the tremolo enough
like this:

____________________________________________ <--this is the bridge
(RANDOM WORDS) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||
(RANDOM WORDS) |||||||||||||||||||||||||| <--this is the metal block vertical to the bridge

but mine looks like that ::

RANDOM WORDS////////////////////////////
RANDOM WOR ////////////////////////////

I hope you have understand
"random words" is something to fill the empty space because otherwise my'drawing' wuold be much worse
how can I bring the metal block verical to the bridge ?
thanks
Last edited by floyd1996 at Jun 17, 2013,
Presumably this also means that the top plate is not level with the top of the body, sloping down toward the tail. If this is the case then you need to loosen the springs as they're pulling the whole thing down too hard. Of course this will also mean a bit of retuning. The joys of floating trems...
Quote by von Layzonfon
Presumably this also means that the top plate is not level with the top of the body, sloping down toward the tail. If this is the case then you need to loosen the springs as they're pulling the whole thing down too hard. Of course this will also mean a bit of retuning. The joys of floating trems...

no. the top plate is parallel with the top of the body.
turning the spring loose will make the whole bridge go upwards
I only want to change the angle of the metal block
Quote by floyd1996
no. the top plate is parallel with the top of the body.
turning the spring loose will make the whole bridge go upwards
I only want to change the angle of the metal block

You can't change the angle of the sustain block. The only thing you can do really is replace it with another one. Floyd Upgrades makes replacements of various different materials.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
I don't understand what you are trying to do here.

You want the sustain block to be straight in relation to the baseplate, right?
And it isn'? It's at an angle, correct?

exactly
Quote by floyd1996
exactly

Are you sure the block is screwed down all the way?

If it is and the block is still at an angle, the only thing you can really do besides machining it down would be to replace it entirely.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard