Eggmond
Otherwise Known as Eggy
2,538 IQ
I am primarily a guitarist but I have been playing bass on the side in a cover band (classic rock and 80's metal) and I am looking to buy a relatively cheap bass for playing in bars. Does anyone have any experience with these basses or could recommend me something in the same price range?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
moody git
i probably won't commit
360 IQ
due to me being a disgusting little fan boy, i'll point you in the direction of the rbx 374/5. i have heard very good things about the bb range as well.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
bigblockelectra
571 IQ
I wouldn't call any BB models "cheap". They are mid grade instruments.

I am also not really a bass player, but I just bought a BB425x and it came last week in the mail (that is just the 5 string version). I really like it. American Musical Supply had a deal recently for $359 on this model if your purchased a red one. Regular price everywhere is between $600 and $650.

It has one tone and one volume. separate tone or volume knobs might be nice, but whatever. The low B string does not seem to buzz much and overall, it feels really nice. Again, I am not a bass player, but I have had a lot of fun with it.

Just FYI, the BB body shape is not very comfortable if you like to play sitting down. Lots of basses are that way I guess. I don't know much about the TRBX304 model.
fatgoogle
Needs of cheese
1,192 IQ
Im also a Yamaha fan boy. Everyday i regret selling my trb and getting a dingwall instead.

There both brilliant bass's. I love the TRB shape and sounds so that would be my preference but all the BB's ive tried have been great. The TRB's are very versatile as well. I haven't played an x one though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul