Page 1 of 2
tell that guy to shut the **** up and watch soccer
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
What are we boycotting? The World Cup?

Didn't watch lol
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Friend of mine who moved from Brazil a year or two back is really focused on this, and really upset it doesn't get the coverage it deserves. I don't give a shit about soccer, so it's no different for me with the world cup, but the olympics I might not watch because of this. Nobody gives a shit about one guy not watching the olympics, but hey, I barely watch them anyways.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I think it's a bit too late for an uprising since the World Cup is less than a year away. It might fuck up some things.

But I like Brazil and I'll probably look into this more.
Obviously people around the world need help; and most likely, none of your goverments (or mine) are doing anything about it... except for maybe argue whether to sell weaponry.
This is a disgrace for the so called 'enlightened' nations.
I don't know about you guys, but I feel bad sitting around playing my guitars or cruisin' the web when I know other people are in the streets fighting for basic health and education...
Last edited by Divinephyton at Jun 17, 2013,
Quote by necrosis1193
Nobody gives a shit about one guy not watching the olympics, but hey, I barely watch them anyways.

Isn't much of a protest if it's something you barely watch anyways, is it?

Anyhoos, if the Brazilian government needs to make some cuts in order to raise money, they could really do with taking a few out if this video, judging by the way it was edited.
It's not about football/soccer, it's about the government being a dick.

Think of the Turkey protests but in Brazil.
They're building solar powered stadiums.
That's all I really care about.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker

While people starve.
I'm writing a composition on the solar panels in Spanish. I don't want it to be more complicated. Please just delete this thread and pretend it doesn't exist.

Post sources
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I will be doing my part by not watching the world cup because I never watch the world cup. My contribution is endless.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i thought about boycotting, but then i realised that the world cup is going to be amazon fuck off that works
Quote by AeroRocker

I think they are really moving in right direction and making full use of solar power..
I'm all for the protests in Brazil and my friends have mostly been a part of them.

But I will be watching the world cup. Sorry, I can't not do it
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm all for the protests in Brazil and my friends have mostly been a part of them.

But I will be watching the world cup. Sorry, I can't not do it

Watch it on streams on the net.
I don't care, will watch the World Cup in the bar with my friends being drunk. really I just don't give a shit. there are worse goverments than brazils that nobody is getting worked up about.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
They should move it to Vuvuzela.

And nice work DG!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
They should move it to Vuvuzela.

And nice work DG!

For real though, there's terrible stuff happening all over the world and nothing gets done about it. As much as I feel for poor brazilians, nobody is going to stop the World Cup now, so I'm not going to just 'not watch it' because of some terrible stuff related to the place it's held.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
whats actually happening with Brazil i haven't been paying attention?
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Nope, boycott Philip_pepper threads!

#SaveUG

Also, advertlol...

I thought I lost my mind there.

Quote by cha33 armstrong
whats actually happening with Brazil i haven't been paying attention?

Revolts because the Brazillian has spent more money on the World Cup than any other country previously instead of investing all that money on health care, education and infrastructure.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at May 14, 2014,
I was just symbolising the hacking of the WC website by activists, by... hijacking your thread title
Quote by Philip_pepper

Revolts because the Brazillian has spent more money on the World Cup than any other country previously instead of investing all that money on health care, education and infrastructure.

ok that makes sense
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I was just symbolising the hacking of the WC website by activists, by... hijacking your thread title

Dude, that's so deep.

#deep.

What other hacking powers do you possess?

Are you like the Snowden of the Pit?

Well, I can make it look like you're talking to yourself... or completely censor your speech. I can also pretend I'm cool because I have this ability over some people I only know through the internet >.>
Last edited by Philip_pepper at May 14, 2014,
I can also change your thread title back, when I feel nice enough
Quote by Philip_pepper

I thought I lost my mind there.

That's not even the goverments fault. maybe it's their fault for applying for having the World Cup, but then again having the world cup gets you a lot of visitors to your country, which boosts the economy.

The fault is that the FIFA has these ridiculous demands you need to live up to in order to get the World Cup in your country. why do you think every Wold Cup a country needs to buy a new stadium, which afterwards never will be used again. (source for abandoned stadiums: http://googlesightseeing.com/2011/11/abandoned-stadiums-of-europe-south-america-and-africa/ )

btw, there's already a stadium in that source link that's IN brazil, so the FIFA even makes their demands worse every other World Cup, otherwise they might have been able to restore the prior stadium
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at May 14, 2014,
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
That's not even the goverments fault. maybe it's their fault for applying for having the World Cup, but then again having the world cup gets you a lot of visitors to your country, which boosts the economy.

The fault is that the FIFA has these ridiculous demands you need to live up to in order to get the World Cup in your country. why do you think every Wold Cup a country needs to buy a new stadium, which afterwards never will be used again. (source for abandoned stadiums: http://googlesightseeing.com/2011/11/abandoned-stadiums-of-europe-south-america-and-africa/ )

btw, there's already a stadium in that source link that's IN brazil, so the FIFA even makes their demands worse every other World Cup, otherwise they might have been able to restore the prior stadium

That is a fallacy. If anything the opposite is true.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
For those interested, Mauricio Savarese is really good on Brazil and the World Cup atm - I linked his blog's World Cup tag. He's good at explaining Brazil to foreign audiences, which is useful, because the press out here are useless - witness the British press getting all hyped over the IoC giving Rio 2016 to London on the basis of the Evening Standard's anonymous source.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Watch it on streams on the net.

I'm buying a frigging TV for it and getting premium cable Sorry man, the World Cup is a tradition.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm buying a frigging TV for it and getting premium cable Sorry man, the World Cup is a tradition.

Don't blame you.

Shit, I'll be watching it too anywhere I go.
I reckon the final 4 teams will be out of Belgium, Argentinian, Spain, Germany and Brazil. The South American teams have an advantage being naturally more used to the heat, where Germany and Belgium might struggle, but Germany and Spains squads are just SO strong with so many quality players.
Page 1 of 2