Hey guys, how's it going?

I went up to a local music store today to get some stuff. I got patch cables (for pedals), a good amount of strings, some pots, and luckily one of the pickups I wanted, a creme Dimarzio Air Zone. They are ordering an LP style toggle switch, pickup rings, and a creme Air Norton.

When I get home, I opened up on of the (Gibson) pots to see if it fit into my '87 Kramer Pacer, it was unfortunately too thick for the hole. Does anyone know how I can measure and know what pots to actually get? And the music store I went to only has some Gibson styled pots from the looks of it.

Thanks!
Skip the username, call me Billy
Why not drill the holes a bit wider? You need to make sure to cover the hole with tape or something first so the drilling doesn't damage the finish too bad.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
+1, unless you are super weary of doing anything like that, it wouldn't take much time, even while taking your time. I've never experienced a pot that was to wide.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I've had the same probelm before, I just took a round file and just spun around the hole a little bit checking every so often and it worked like a charm, no drilling needed, and kept the finish intact.
I wouldn't use a file. The finish tends to chip off real easily. As mentioned before, use a piece of tape over the holes and gently drill the holes to the correct size. No need to buy different pots
Also if you decide to go the drilling route, I think you should drill from the FINISHED side*.

So:

Tape over hole

Poke hole in tape to see where hole is

Drill

*This seems most logical to me, since when drilling something the "exit wound" is messier than the "entry wound", but I have never done this on a guitar so if someone knows otherwise please say so!
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Ok, thanks everyone! I'm a bit weary about drilling, so I might just file it away to make room.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Ok, thanks everyone! I'm a bit weary about drilling, so I might just file it away to make room.

Just go slowly, I stuck it through the cavity side, I didn't have any chipping.