Nig, I'm all about history and taverns
23 34%
I'd be a bitch and stay right here
13 19%
The future, nig. They can reuild me.
31 46%
Voters: 67.
Page 1 of 2
A friend of yours invents a time machine that can send you into the past or into the future, but it's a one way trip. The minimum span is 100 years. What say you?

Past

Pros: See history unfold, dinosaurs, famous figures, free from the burden of modern technology, you know what happens and when

Cons: Disease, short life span, hardcore racism/sexism

Future

Pros: Superior technology, it's the future, surprises around every corner

Cons: You have no idea what you're going into, Your skills and knowledge will be completely out of date, everyone could be dead

Bonus question

How many years and why?
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 17, 2013,
I'd go into the past and use my knowledge to become rich. Biff Tannen all up in this shit.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Past, wouldn't want to be playing catch up.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Future, obvs. Maybe 200 years or so. Then a further 1000 years just for laughs.

Welp, didn't notice it was a one-way trip. I assume that means I can't take further trips. I'll go for 1000 years.
Quote by captainsnazz
I'll go over 9000 years into the future where they've invented a thing that lets me travel through time multiple times.

Or the human race is destroyed and there's a nuclear winter. You won't know til you get there. Happy guessing.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'd probably just be a dick and somehow prank a friend and send him into the future.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 17, 2013,
I'd brush up on my Mandarin before heading too far into the future
two years into the past.

there's some shit I have to fix.

oh. minimum.

future.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jun 17, 2013,
I wouldn't want to live in the US anytime prior to like the 1980s. So the future it is.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Past. Like user I don't know said above; use current knowledge to exploit stuff and become rich and junk.

I always wondered what it'd be like to go back in time and form a band that exists in the present and steal their songs for my own personal gain and stuff. It would probably go horribly wrong.
Pick the future like a boss. Probs like ~300 years to spice things up a bit.
pinga
I'm pretty sure 100 years ago, i'd be captured, enslaved and or murdered for anything I do.

100 years into the future i'd just have to learn the names of new kings.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I shall travel to the future! To the year.... TWO THOUSAND! There will be flying boats, robot humans and all kinds of unimaginable wonderment!
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Past and take this!!!

EDIT: oh, minimum of 100 years?

Still past and become ****ing rich
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
This actually happened to me once. I'd just come home at lunchtime and I heard a funny noise. So I went out to the backyard to see if it was one of those rowdy boys from down the street but I ended up just standing there with my neighbour, called Peter, and his flux capacitor.

Anyway, he told me he'd built a time machine like one in a film I'd seen. Needless to say, we took a trip to the year 3000.
Forward. Going back is so overrated.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by willT08

Anyway, he told me he'd built a time machine like one in a film I'd seen. Needless to say, we took a trip to the year 3000.

Weird, something similar happened to me.
And I banged your great great great granddaughter. She was super old, but alas, that's the marvel of futuristic medicine.
Well, I couldn't possibly live in the past considering I've grown up with all the benefits of technology. And I wouldn't want to try to adapt. So I guess the future by like 200 years, it would probably be pretty cool.
THE PRESENT

I think it'd be awesome living in 1800s 'Murca killing injuns and stuff
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'd have to be a bitch in this case, what with the minimum time-frame.

If I could travel back in time, and I'm being completely serious, I'd go back to my first year of high school and go through it all again and actually give a shit.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I want to go to the past because I like history.

And because I don't want to see this world's future...
Past, maybe 100 years, become rich as hell
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
A week into the past, remember to bring lottery winning numbers
win lottery, lay low for a couple days till the other me travels back in time, resume my life only a few million quid richer
I already know what happened in the past. Future
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Future it can't be any worse for females then the past was.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Future. This is the best time to be alive so far, so anything in the past is balls. I'd go 2-300 years into the future and hopefully Humanity has sorted most of its shit out by then.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Tough choice.

The past you could really take your life into your hands, even just by betting with people on sports and stuff, lottery, innovative music and what not.

In my mind the future will be either awesome or utterly terrible...

I'd go into the past and become very rich, get into the music business and change things... I'd bring a schematic of a guitar amp and built one myself and be the first guy to play an electric guitar and take over the world!!!!

EDIT: I think m3t4l could have averted the great depression...

EDIT2.0: I'd find and record Robert Johnson on an electric acoustic
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at Jun 17, 2013,
The future seems pretty bleak, so I wouldn't mind going back to the past in hope of stopping/fixing the stuff that caused the future as we know it to be bleak.

/timeparadox
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I would go into the future and find another time machine

then go back to my teenage self

and get my teenage self laid, or some other accomplishment
Past. Destroy the markets, win every bet, join the beatles, die in the 80s from snorting crack off a hookers ass at 95 years old with billions in the bank
I'd go into the future just 100 years. Everything would be way different but not as drastic if I went further than that.

I'd try to find someone I know (they'd be way old lol) and they'd wonder how I just disappeared for the past one hundred years. It would be depressing as a one way trip though since everything from my life would be gone, but just barely.

I'd also bring a gun or something just in case everything is awful (nuclear winter, etc.) and I could have either an easy way out or a slightly better chance of survival.
I'd go back, but whether or not I'd go to see historical stuff, or to make money, I can't really say.

Probably would rope both in about the same time. Late 1800's seem like a good time to get into some manufacturing.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
rather than time travel, it would be cool if the hindu belief of reincarnation was true, but instead of coming back as a different organism in the present, you came back as something else in a different time. like, your soul has like 5-6 bodies in different time periods that you just cycle through every time you die, but you don't live the same way twice so history isn't even a real thing.
you're a stone fox
Page 1 of 2