I have an Ibanez Mikro bass, and I'm a pretty big guy so it's a little awkward moving on the neck. I was wondering if I could just buy a new neck and swap them, or if there are any dangers/disadvantages/etc. to doing that.
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch
The key factor is maintaining the correct nut-to-bridge distance for the scale of the neck you're putting on. The heel/pocket combination of your desired mash-up may make this difficult. That's above and beyond just making the neck and body fit together nicely. You may also need to consider whether the neck angle is going to change.
Quote by von Layzonfon
The key factor is maintaining the correct nut-to-bridge distance for the scale of the neck you're putting on. The heel/pocket combination of your desired mash-up may make this difficult. That's above and beyond just making the neck and body fit together nicely. You may also need to consider whether the neck angle is going to change.

Considering all that I may just spoil myself and buy a new full-scale bass. Thanks for the advice.
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch