Hi guys. I recently purchased a Faith Venus HG HEX. and I'm looking for a reasonable decent amp for it. It will just b for home use really. But the thing is I don't have a clue about amps. Have ye any recommendations. I don't want anything too big but something I can plug a mic and guitar into. And because its just home use I reckon about �200 at the very upper limit???

Cheers guys.
Location and new/used?

You'll probably have better luck posting in the Acoustic forum.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If it's just for home use, do you really need an amp at all?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
Maybe look at keyboard amps. They generally have at least 1 additional input for a mic and are pretty good at putting out the same sound as the instrument. They make good PAs in a pinch.
Just want something that I can plug my guitar upto really and it's no harm having one either. I suppose not much point in having and electro-acoustic unless I can rig it up every now and again and have a play. Based in Leeds UK.
Amps can always make you sound better. Even when bedroom jamming. We mic'ed my friends drum kit at practice once, just for fun. Stuck a mic in the port on the kick. Didn't even turn it up that much, but the amp gave it so much more punch and life.
No harm in it at all - I was just curious. I'd look at Roland Cube amps. I put my acoustic through one when I need to and it does the job very well on the acoustic setting.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

Personally I'd go for the 20XL for the 8 inch speaker alone and 20 watts is more than enough for home use. With only 2 watts in the Micro Cube you might not even hear it over the natural acoustic sound of the guitar!

Quote by RubberSoul54321
Personally I'd go for the 20XL for the 8 inch speaker alone and 20 watts is more than enough for home use. With only 2 watts in the Micro Cube you might not even hear it over the natural acoustic sound of the guitar!

Or is it worth the extra £50 to go for this 40xl

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roland-MICRO-CUBE-Micro-Cube-Black/dp/B0002D0096/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1371576090&sr=1-1&keywords=roland+cube
Last edited by Buchailldana at Jun 18, 2013,
The 40 would be good if you are considering playing to an audience - it would be loud enough easily for a small acoustic gig - but if you don't ever see yourself doing that then probably not. One thing though, I just looked at your opening post and realised you want to plug a mic in as well: the Cubes only have 1 input.