Hey chaps

I'm not one to do this, but I feel this is something we can all get behind. My friend's Dad passed away suddenly just over a month ago. He had a massive cardiac arrest and suffered hypoxic brain damage as a result. They sat around his bed and waited for him to die when the life support was switched off. He and my friend's Mum were very close, they did everything together, and she was - and is - in pieces. She's just...broken.

They had a favourite local band on the Isle of Wight where they lived, and would often go and watch them play in the pubs and social clubs. It was a source of real happiness for them. The band are called Lucid. When my friend's Dad died, the band sent flowers to his mum with a card, and popped round to see her and how she was doing. They also came to the funeral and played one of their songs during the service.

Since then, they've taken his Mum out for lunch and dinner, made several visits, and basically made sure she was ok as could be expected. They've been brilliant, so kind and caring. My friend would like to pay them back somehow, and with your help, we might all be able to do it.

There's a festival in Wales in August, the Green Man festival, and there's a competition to give an unknown band a shot at opening the whole shebang. The 3 bands with the most votes will go into a final "play off" for a chance to win this prize. Please can I ask that all you Facebook users out there (half the forum closes this post in disgust at this point) go to this link -

http://www.greenman.net/rising/2013/lucid

and "like" the band to cast your vote.

PLEASE help - without their support, this whole situation would have been a lot tougher on everyone. They've not asked for anything in return, they've simply been there when needed, without being asked.

Thanks lads, I know from experience how powerful the Pit support can be in this sort of situation. Appreciate it.

TL;DR - please go to the link above and "like" the band Lucid to give them a chance to play at a festival. They have supported my mate's Mum in recent weeks since his Dad died, and we'd like to show them some love in return.

Much love
hello
I don't facebook anymore, I'm afraid.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
No Facebook, and the one time that people actually should vote for something like this...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I can't get on Facebook at work but I can try from my phone or at lunch.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Done.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Done
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Done
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Done.

Chris, honestly. You're such a twat.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Dang. I was really looking forward to some verbal abuse. I mean you set it up soo perfectly.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Even though the story was a nice one (the band helping out, not your dad passing ofc) but I still gave the band a listen before I voted and they deserved it. Nice sound

I wish they would stop using Facebook to vote for things like this. Even though I have it, its a stupid way to vote because not everyone can do it. I guess it stops people voting twice.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Voted
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Done and done.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
i don't have a facebook anymore. But for you, i'm gonna make a dummy account...

nah. that's hypocrisy.
Done

Also, your a prick chris

Edit: Watched the video gotta say, I dig their sound.
I can never think of a good sig.
Last edited by xxMr.Davexx at Jun 18, 2013,
Evening bump.
Just 9 votes behind 3rd place, which is where they need to get to to be in with a chance. Come on guys!
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jun 18, 2013,
Done. Good luck to them I hope they win!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Just a quick update to say thanks to everyone who voted. You can see here that they're now comfortably in the lead. Thanks!
hello
ah i dont have fb so cant vote.
but go to greenman every year, so if they play ill go and listen!
now extra flamey