Hi all,

Any help would be appreciated! I am looking to power my pedals with on power source and have no idea what to get. I am looking for something to power 3 boss pedals, a mxr phase 100, way huge green rhino, little big muff, fulltone supatrem, a micro pog and a vox v847 wah. Could this be done?

Budget is not really an issue but anything under £200 is preferable, I'd like to buy new and buy online. Main thing is no hum or issues like that.

Any help and reccomendations would be great!

Cheers!
Anything will do just so long as its not a daisy chain setup. The most popular Daisy chain power supply's are the "One-Spot" and the MXR DC Power Brick.

I like the Voodoo Labs power supply myself.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I was looking into the Voodoo labs, they seem to have a good reputation. I was also looking at T Rex power supplies!
Voodoo Labs is probably going to be your best bet, as they have a solid reputation. They do come at a premium, though. There is ones out there that are cheaper, like the JOYO JP-01 and JP-02.
for the Vox you WILL need a battery to boss style plug adapter

looks like this

Diago PS06

or ebay item number: 230993055508 (because i don't want to post an ebay link, i aint stupid)

£6.49 with £2 delivery

i have 2, one for my V847 and one for my Small Clone.

they work a treat!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Cheers! Thanks a lot, I'll probably go for the voodoo lab and look into those cables for the vox.
i dont get how a brick or pedal power can do more than 8 or so pedals. do people plug a daisy chain cable into one of the outputs and then power up to 16 pedals off the unit?

ive found the actual power supply of these things generally far exceeds the amount of ports/adapters they all have.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
i dont get how a brick or pedal power can do more than 8 or so pedals. do people plug a daisy chain cable into one of the outputs and then power up to 16 pedals off the unit?

ive found the actual power supply of these things generally far exceeds the amount of ports/adapters they all have.

you can run all your overdrives and boosts off a daisy chain from one output it's the stuff like delays and modulation that want their own isolated output.
Forgive me for being extremely stupid but what is daisy chaining? And could I use it for say my Green Rhino overdrive and little big muff?
Quote by Benjirob
Forgive me for being extremely stupid but what is daisy chaining? And could I use it for say my Green Rhino overdrive and little big muff?

Think of Christmas lights, but instead of lights it has 9V power outputs. It's cheap and convenient in most cases, but they can introduce noise due to being unisolated.

EDIT: And yes, it will power those pedals, but you will need a 3.5mm adapter that is sold separately.

Last edited by cdr_salamander at Jun 19, 2013,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
you can run all your overdrives and boosts off a daisy chain from one output it's the stuff like delays and modulation that want their own isolated output.

I wouldn't even say that. Pedals with a positive internal earth like old fuzz faces need an isolated supply but as long as the supply is well regulated I've had no problem with daisy chaining delays or mod pedals. I do make a good power supply though.
Earth loops can sometimes be a problem but normally only if you have a shitload of pedals.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You pretty much have to suck it and see. Hard to make generalisations really. Well, apart from the internal earth polarity that is.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cool, cheers guys!

Could I daisy chain the Boss pedals? Or at least the modulation ones? I'll have a play and see what works, I went for the Voodoo Labs 2 as the power source.
panasonic / sanyo makes their rechargable version

http://us.sanyo.com/Pedal-Juice
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by bondmorkret
Carl Martin Pro Power is very good!

+1 considering their price point and included features.