So i'm in need of a small British sounding amp preferably under a grand. Around 15 watts would be ideal. Initially I was thinking of getting an OR15 head and a 1x12 cab (even thought that's a little over budget.)

Right now I'm thinking of getting a tweed Blues Junior and pairing it with a Wampler Plexi Drive and just leaving it on 24/7 except for when I want Fender cleans or tone which I probably will at one point.

So what to do you guys think of pairing a Plexi Drive with a Blues Junior for mostly home practice/ small gigs and getting a nice British/ Marshall style tone that I'll be happy with for a while.
*cough*AC15*cough*
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Why 15 watts specifically?

You could find a used JCM2000 DSL.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.
Quote by cdr_salamander
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

I thought I made most of this clear in my original post but sorry.

Genres: Blues rock, Hard Rock, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, SRV, Decent cleans are desirable

New or used: Doesn't matter that much but new would be nice.

Home or Gig: Mostly playing at home with some small gigs.

Closet city: Montreal

Current Gear: Les paul with p-90s, Fender Frontman 212r, Bad Monkey
I still stand by the DSL recommendation.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Jcm2000 Dsl401
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i use my peavey classic 50 for home practice. wattage isn't really an issue when it comes to volume, it's mostly an indicator of how quickly the amp will break up as you turn up. the decibel difference between a cranked 15 watt amp and a cranked 50 watt amp is not much - they will both be bloody loud, but the 50 watter will stay clean.

so with that, i'll third the dsl401.
marshall 18 watt clone?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try and find youself a Traynor Bassmaster. It's got the bassman/jtm 45 styled circuit but they're not too expensive since the brand isn't as well known like Fender or Marshall. Your local kijiji has a few right now, but I'm sure others will pop up in the future if you don't like what's there now.
YBA-2a (25 watts) and 1x15 cab - $600
YBA-4 (45 watts) 1x15 combo - $550
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by redandwhite12
I thought I made most of this clear in my original post but sorry.

Sorry, I suppose I was a bit delirious when reading your post yesterday. Most of the Marshall recommendations in this thread would be perfect. No point in investing in a Fender when most of the bands you listed used British amps, namely Marshall and Vox.
Quote by Dave_Mc
marshall 18 watt clone?

ding ding ding.

thats exactly what i thought when the words "british" and "blues jr." were used.

it wont have the best cleans, but rolling back the volume is suitable (at least to me). i use it all the time and love it.

i don't know where you would look for one, i built mine on turret board. you would need to go through like cieratone (sp?) has some kit options, or find a reputable builder. or cathbard.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by diabolical
DSL has a 40 watt combo out now that is $799
Have you looked at Orange Tiny Terror?

i haven't heard much good from the new DSL combo. the old ones i have played and liked. but i think cath said that some of the old ones are prone to overheating.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
The early DSL's overheated because they were fitted with the wrong rectifier. It's a pretty easy fix though.

Quote by Dave_Mc
marshall 18 watt clone?
Well, it's the best sounding one but a DSL401 would be a better thing to gig with.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by diabolical
I don't remember the DSL overheating but the JVM first production run did so, I think they even caught fire.

i remember the JVM's

i think the only DSL with issues was only with the combo IIRC. i think cath (i will point him here) said that they didn't use the right (most ideal etc) rectifier for the amps. its supposedly an easy fix.

i have kind of been wanting one myself. kind of a drag around, and cheap enough to not be overly worried if it would be damaged (i don't want damage but shit happens). i have enough cabs though i am always prone to head/cab, but its not as convenient.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
They all had the wrong rectifier, not just the combos (prior to '98 IIRC). The fix was to replace it with a bigger one, the type with a hole in the middle that you can screw a small heatsink onto.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 19, 2013,
Quote by Cathbard
They all had the wrong rectifier, not just the combos (prior to '98 IIRC). The fix was to replace it with a bigger one, the type with a hole in the middle that you can screw a small heatsink onto.

thanks for coming to the rescue
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
But the question is, "does it use current or voltage?"
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Magic.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

Well, it's the best sounding one but a DSL401 would be a better thing to gig with.

ah i suppose. i just took him at his word of "around 15 watts"
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tweaker series? if a blues junior, swap out for a british style speaker.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)