So, I'm looking around at some guitars. And this Halo Custom Guitar caught my eye. However, the weight may be a deal breaker. Is 18 pounds a heavy guitar? Would it be that different from an epiphone les Paul gothic model? Thanks in advance.
Are you sure its 18lb? Even vintage back-breaking Les Pauls only clock in around the 10-13lb mark.

But to answer the question - yes. 18lb is heavy.
I would have thought the fact that it's hideously ugly would be more of a deal breaker.

18lbs seems so ridiculously heavy that I'd assume it's a mistake, if it's correct then that thing would be even less fun to play than it is to look at.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Halo is very inconsistent in its builds. they're one of the few that will go out on a real limb for ERGs, but that's about all they have going for them; they're just like Agile or all the other sub-1k "custom" guitar shops around for the most part.

that being said, 18 lbs is definitely not the guitar. i think most sub-8-string basses won't even weigh in over 12-15. that's most likely the shipping weight.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
18 lbs is definitely not the guitar. i think most sub-8-string basses won't even weigh in over 12-15. that's most likely the shipping weight.

This. I don't think you could physically make an alder bodied guitar weigh 18lbs without making it 7inches thick or something ridiculous.

Been tempted on a halo myself recently, a lot of sources say they used to be cack but are working hard to prove themselves, if you do get it i'd be interested to know how it is.

- Nick
I'd make sure there isn't a load of money hidden in the chambers.

Does it rattle?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Holy BarBells Batman!! That thing is gonna need a Kickstand!
PRS SE Santana - Santana III Bass/Treble
ESP LTD EC400vf - Gibson Zebra 496R/500T
AXL Badwater SRO - GFS OW Liverpool, SD Duckbucker, SD JB
Mitchell Acoustic MD100SCE
Peavey Vypyr 100
I think thats including the case and shipping weights guys...

Also... How can they have a market price and "their" price? They are the only dealer.

Mongs.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ Yea I just figured that out.

I'd still give it a shake when I got it. But then again, I wouldn't buy it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Tom 1.0

that.
^ that's what i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
halo have been known for being total crap guitars. They say they are better now (and they is Halo not many others), but I sure as hell would not waist my money to find out.

That guitar looks hideous and uncomfortable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well that's a not-so-super strat if ever I saw one. If that's not a shipping weight, it's a mistake. Alder bodied guitars are usually more like 7lbs. It doesn't even have a trem.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Tom 1.0

This thread was funnier before you ruined it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
18lbs is massive. I can not imagine that would be comfortable to play. The heaviest i have had was an unchambered epiphone elitist les paul plus top. That thing weighed perhaps 12-13lbs, great for sitting down playing. Standing up playing for more than 40 minutes straight sucked. I would say every pound over 9lbs you really start to feel. Alot of the new school guitars by gibson are very light, they have 6-7 lb les pauls now. I ended up settling on a Carvin CS4 that i think may weight about 9lbs with still be unchambered and solid. That's a solid guitar without being to heavy.

If you play sitting down alot, or pride yourself in huge strong shoulders go with that 18lb monster. But i warn you it will not be comfortable to play standing
lol shipping weight. I was so eager to chime in about an 18lb guitar i did'nt even see that part.
The question is, TS, are you shopping based on weight?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
18 ibs is quite heavy, I actually have a concrete strat that weights 25 ibs (solid concrete body), that's heavy!!!
^ pics
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
holy crap that's awesome thanks for sharing the link

I'd probably need to go to the hospital if i tried to play it standing up, though
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looking at multiple guitars on their site I see they all say 18.00 lbs. But some of them have an "Actual weight" in the description, which are far less, about 7 lbs (but that was a different model).
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Would it be a good idea to build an Explorer out of solid Bubinga?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Been thinking about one made of Corian...and as it turns out, Nicole guitars does those.

I bet that concrete axe sustains like a mother.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!