How important, at a concert, is a lively stage show to you? I'm talking acts, costumes, musicians taking on different personas, etc. provide examples if you like.

For me, the music comes first, obviously, but if a band has a kind of distinctive act and wears crazy costumes, it's pretty cool. I think things like flying lead singers and rotating drumkits are kind of lame, though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I don't like costumes and shit. Go play and be interactive with the crowd.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I'm there for the music and the band's stage presence. Aesthetics will always take a backseat.

But that definitely comes more with the styles that I listen to.
Play the music, get the crowd involved, dont dress up like a fanny, DEFINATLY DO NOT do A BLACK VEIL BRIDES!
Quote by Xpl0r
Play the music, get the crowd involved, dont dress up like a fanny, DEFINATLY DO NOT do A BLACK VEIL BRIDES!

You're aware they're only doing what Mötley Crüe and glam metal bands did before them, right?
It's not important at all, but at the same time it can make or break a show.

The thing I think a lot of people forget is musicians are entertainers. they entertain us with music primarily, but at a live show you can do so much more than just play music to convey yourself

Whether or not they feel the need to express themselves via stage shows or just music is up to them and how they want their art to be perceived
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
It's not important at all, but at the same time it can make or break a show.

The thing I think a lot of people forget is musicians are entertainers. they entertain us with music primarily, but at a live show you can do so much more than just play music to convey yourself

Whether or not they feel the need to express themselves via stage shows or just music is up to them and how they want their art to be perceived

Exactly. To me a good musician is not only someone who can play but also someone who can pull up a show, unless their music is technical as ****, then the music itself is more than enough I guess...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
I'm not really bothered as long as they entertain me. Wearing clothing to fit your musical style can work but then it cant. All depends really.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
well, it would suck to go to a concert and have the band look like statues. I think the band members have to do something out there, I saw Green Day and Foo Fighters were both very active and running around the stage and that was fun. But the quality of the music comes before the stage presence.
If I pay big ticket prices and you just stand there and play, your live show is not great. If they're not into it, I'm not. At the same time, don't go overboard if it takes away from the music. It's a tough balance. One of the best shows I saw lately was a Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper tour. Insane stage shows and good music. Neither act had super complicated music, so they could do that stuff.
Slayer was one of the worst live shows I've ever seen. The only guy who wasn't standing like a statue was the drummer (not Lombardo, it was last year) because he was sitting at a kit.
I don't ever need to see Slayer live again, now.
In all honestly it doesn't really matter to me. If what they are doing fits their music its cool.
you're never as free as when you are lost
I forgot to say, i just go onstage as myself. Sometimes i wear something slightly different to what i would usually wear, but i don't have a "character", i just lock in with my bandmates and try to get a read on if the audience is having a good time.

Also, with some of the bands that i'm into, if they put on a crazy stage show, it probably wouldn't work, and at the same time, some of the bands that i like wouldn't be the same if they just went onstage dressed casually.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.