Late last night there was a 5 car crash down in Santa Maria, California. Two were flown to a hospital with major injuries. A DUI driver, who caused the crash, sustained only minor injuries. It was reported this morning that one of the two flown to the hospital has died.

I personally knew the one who died, as we talked to the same people. Although we weren't close or even really good friends, she was always really nice and funny. She'll definitely be missed.
this house is bitchin
Michael Hastings also just died in a car crash. He's the reporter whose Rolling Stone piece got Stanley McChrystal fired. That sucks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
When will people learn that you CANNOT do drugs or drink and then drive? Frakking morons. There should be zero tolerance for this kind of s#it -- if you're caught DUI, you cannot drive ever again.
If you want to waste your life, i don't give a damn. But at least don't mess with other people's lives, ffs.

TS, my condolences for your acquaintance. May she rest in peace.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
When will people learn that you CANNOT do drugs or drink and then drive? Frakking morons. There should be zero tolerance for this kind of s#it -- if you're caught DUI, you cannot drive ever again.
If you want to waste your life, i don't give a damn. But at least don't mess with other people's lives, ffs.

This. All of this. Zero tolerance ftw.
Quote by CoreysMonster
This. All of this. Zero tolerance ftw.

yes absolutely zero tolerance is the best policy for everything, or at least one thing ever.
My condolences to the people who lost their lives because of this stupid shit. On a somewhat related note, my best friend whom I haven't seen in a while flipped and totaled his car while driving drunk. I heard this from friends and luckily he didn't hit or kill anyone, but he got off easy because he called a tow company and they picked up the car before anyone found out (we're good friends with the owner). This shit sucks and I probably won't be talking to/hanging out with him for a while.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by Linkerman

I say give them life in prison. If they're okay with ending someone else's life, why should they be able to live their own?
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti
I say give them life in prison. If they're okay with ending someone else's life, why should they be able to live their own?

I think life imprisonment for being caught DUI but without actually having an accident is too extreme.
Yes, they can potentially end someone's life for doing it, but most of the time i believe people do it because they're stupid, not with an intent to kill.
So, for being caught DUI, i think a permanent ban on driving is enough.

If you cause an accident while DUI, the damage is done and then i think life imprisonment is adequate (for cases like this i think even life penalty is acceptable, but this is a personal conviction and i don't want to start that debate).
But i also have the same thing to say about reckless driving even if sober, not being high and/or drunk at all.

Motor vehicles (cars, bikes, etc.) are extremely dangerous, and accidents are always bound to happen.
But too many lives are ended and/or deeply affected in a permanent way because many people are appallingly irresponsible when they drive.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jun 19, 2013,
That sucks dude I'm really sorry.

I assume that bastard is being charged with 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter, right?

RIGHT?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
That sucks dude I'm really sorry.

I assume that bastard is being charged with 2 counts of vehicular manslaughter, right?

RIGHT?

Last I heard she was only getting a DUI lawsuit.
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti
Last I heard she was only getting a DUI lawsuit.

WHAT?!?

The system is ****ing BROKEN, man.

Seriously. That's not right.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I know guys let's just kill the drunk driver b/c they deserve to die anyway amirite

I mean, I'm all for heavy punishment, but sheesh.
Quote by stonyman65
WHAT?!?

The system is ****ing BROKEN, man.

Seriously. That's not right.

Update: Apparently shes a minor, and she'll be getting a minimum 5 years in prison.
this house is bitchin
Sorry to hear that, CC.

Drinking/smoking/what-have-you and driving is definitely not cool. I've always been adamantly against it.

If you're ever in the situation to prevent someone from driving impaired, do it. If not for their own safety, then for some innocent person's safety. Be the adult, step in.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Believe me TS, I know your pain. Last October 4 of my friends were killed in a drunk driving accident. The drunk driver that killed them got 3 years in prison.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
That suck, man. Drunk drivers are the worst.

When i learn to drive, if i am going somewhere and think i might even have one drink, i'll take public transport. It's just too big of a risk to everyone on the road.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.