my favourite part is that I don't play shows ;_;
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Hmm... I think the majority of people in The Pit haven't played a proper gig in their life. No offense towards them. Neither have I and I don't really want to at the moment.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
eating food afterwards.

Quote by Emperor's Child
Hmm... I think the majority of people in The Pit haven't played a proper gig in their life. No offense towards them. Neither have I and I don't really want to at the moment.

the idea is completely foreign to me. who the hell performs music. what is music. what is life. where is my mind.
Quote by blake1221
eating food afterwards.

the idea is completely foreign to me. who the hell performs music. what is music. what is life. where is my mind.

Way out in the water
See it swimmin'
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Way out in the water
See it swimmin'

with yr feet in the air and yr head on the ground
I don't really like playing shows. The bands I've played with are the kind of people that play and then leave immediately. I usually make an effort to stay and watch the other bands unless I'm sick as all hell, which has only happened once.

Doesn't help that the venues suck too
Quote by whywefight
hanging out with the audience afterwards

This.

Talking to people there, asking for some feedback, answering their questions, having a laugh with your friends and bandmates... Feels good, man.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by soundgarden1986
I don't really like playing shows. The bands I've played with are the kind of people that play and then leave immediately. I usually make an effort to stay and watch the other bands unless I'm sick as all hell, which has only happened once.

Doesn't help that the venues suck too

I hear you! aint' nothing looking worse than a band leaving once they're done playing. Of course if they really have to leave then it's ok but usually it's not like that. You can usually tell the bandmembers are pricks even before they do this haha, cause pricks are pricks even during the soundcheck.

Yeah I forgot, sometimes if the crowd is good in here (which is a rare thing) people might come to me later and ask to take pictures and whatnot! Now that I appreciate A LOT!
The only gigs I have done are Battle of the Bands really but I loved every second. We generally knew the other bands anyway so it we all just had a laugh, made silly backstage videos etc. I have only played one gig since then and it was quite a small one in a pub. I was filling in for a bands guitar player who was away that weekend. I do miss it.

MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
When the truck is loaded and your free to go to the party afterwards. Note that this is from the engineers perspective since I haven't played any 'real' gigs yet. It's kinda awesome when the shows over and the lights go on as well though.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by Vendetta V
For me that's the arrival and soundcheck I guess. If the people at the venue are great, it's fun to just do the soundcheck and whatnot.

Same for me, I love all the set up and that jazz.
Quote by Hydra150
Is that Mandy Moore in your avatar?
getting food and beer.

oh, i guess playing is cool too.

EDIT: anyone who said arrival/set up is insane. the only thing worse than loading in and setting up is tearing down and loading out.
#DTWD
Whenever I've played the time seemed to pass mega quickly.

I remember playing Spirit of the Radio for my school and I was so absorbed into it that it felt like it was 2 minutes long.

I'd say the adrenaline rush and the slow comedown.
Drinking afterwards. If it's a good show, everyone is in a good mood, if it went terribly, everyone just drowns their sorrows.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
sex drugs and melodic jazztech slowcore
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
this thread is discriminatory to people that don't play shows. i'm staging a lawful protest.
you're a stone fox
The part where I don't play.

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
When I'm too drunk to give a ****, but not too drunk to ****.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by blake1221
eating food afterwards.

This

But that'd actually be #2 for me. Actually playing is the best, food afterwards is #2, the drive to the venue/buildup of anticipation is #3.
Quote by blake1221
eating food afterwards.

this is everyone answer whether they will admit it or not. we would always get like the same group of 10ish people to go out and get food after shows. it was the most fun part.
I've only played in front of people at parties. I love it when all my years of practice, is appreciated by at least one person. I also love when someone that is listening closes their eyes when I'm playing and really get into it, because all my stuff is original (and often freestyle). I still remember the first person who said I was amazing.

I wasn't born with any musicalal talent at all, and didn't start playing until I was in my twenties. I had to work hard for everything i've learned and still do. So, simple appreciation is my favorite part, and makes it all worth it.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.