Applehead
Acta non verba
2,744 IQ
You know the one, the song you play that melts faces...the one that showcases your bass playing ability and style...
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Right now, its "I want you back", by the Jackson 5. It always starts people singing the tune and any drummer within hearing distance playing with me. And it makes me happy playing it.

To me that's a great showcase song in a nutshell.
fudger
Im a ninja of love..
647 IQ
I don't know if I really have one? I'm pretty darn good at noodling around doing something sweet but I can't remember the last time I even learned a song outside of figuring out chord progressions and transcribing sax and trumpet solos for ear training.
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
more for warm-ups/noodling around, but actualize by evan brewer and the lesson by vic wooten are always fun to bust out
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
When I was in a band, it was Starship Trooper by Yes. The bass on that one is practically its own Ninth Symphony.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Black Ox
Registered Abuser
991 IQ
In my band I play a solo in "Taking Care of Business" with a wah pedal. Not sure if people just like the wah, but everyone usually goes crazy for it.
Dayn
536 IQ
One of my own songs. And that's just because my bass is an octave down and liquefies bowels.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
will42
UG's bassoon-master
1,093 IQ
I generally do this two handed tapping thing, where I tap fifths and thirds with my left hand and improvise with my right. It's showy, and I'd never use it in a song.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Wetstra
One Angry German
142 IQ
Pharaoh Sails to Orion by Nightwish. That song is epic. Nobody ever recognizes it but they always like the sound.
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch
Zaqq
1,019 IQ
Pharaoh Sails to Orion by Nightwish.

What do you even play in that song? There are like 2 riffs. I like Marco Hietala's bass stuff more.
Anthem731
249 IQ
My first instinct when I pick up a bass is to play the opening riff from "Still" by Rufio or "Hysteria" by Muse. I can't handle all that crazy Victor Wooten shit, that guys a beast.
Wetstra
One Angry German
142 IQ
Quote by Zaqq
What do you even play in that song? There are like 2 riffs. I like Marco Hietala's bass stuff more.

I like Marco's stuff more too, but there's just something about that song that people (and me) seem to like.
If I could get THAT sound out of a Casio Mickey Mouse watch, I would play a Casio Mickey Mouse watch
sonny bb
UG's New-ish Guy
2,041 IQ
Sequioa Throne by Protest The Hero. The taps that lead into the harmonic part get's em. every time.
Skies of the Millenium Night might replace that soon
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Spanner93
333 IQ
Sir Duke, Master Blaster (Stevie Wonder) and Children Say by Level42.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
deeptubes
Crappily Amazing!
180 IQ
Moonchild - Iron Maiden
'79 Peavey T-40
'84 Fender Precision Elite II
'87 Peavey Dyna-Bass
'90 Fender HM
'01 Fender Precision Special Deluxe
'04 Fender Dimension

GK 1001RB-II
Traynor YBA 200-2