Ive got myself an LP style ltd with 2 EMG Hz humbuckers in it. I was lucky enough to stumble upon it at a goodwill (!) and picked it up for 25 bucks (!!!!).

Never been one for changing pick ups at all. Always have it in the bridge position. So i was wondering if i could take the neck pickup and put it into a frankenstrat im working on. Got the idea since Mark Morton of Lamb of God has 2 neck pick ups for both positions. Now, granted he did it with Seymour duncans but would it be a good idea to try it out since i dont use the neck pick up?
The only difference between neck and bridge pickups, as far as I can see, is the output levels. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me BUT...there's no real reason you shouldn't try it. It will, at the very least, work.
It depends on the pickups and the guitar, really. Some people even put neck pickups in the bridge and swap the magnets to revoice them a bit.
Sometimes the pickup pole posts are closer together at the neck and further apart at the bridge to allow for the change of string spacing front to back.
It will work fine in the bridge position. The HZ pup sets are both the same output level for neck and bridge position, they are just EQed different from each other.
you can find some good instruments at goodwill it's crazy what people that don't know the value of items give away
Quote by ken styles
you can find some good instruments at goodwill it's crazy what people that don't know the value of items give away

No Kidding. I grabbed it and realized what it was (LTD EC-300) and saw it had EMGs and suddenly felt unsafe with it not bought yet like someone was gonna fight me for it lol.
I'm a big fan of a low output pickup for the neck and a high output pickup for the bridge.

It just makes a more diverse sound.

If the neck pickup is high output, I find it is simply louder than the bridge pickup but without nearly as many harmonic overtones.

I had a neck pickup from an old cheap japanese guitar that looked like one from a gibson with the metal cover but I took off the cover and it was a single coil and was empty on the other side and made of the worst materials ever.................but it sounded totally sweet for strumming chords.