so im not sure if im in the right forum but the more and more songs i play with lots of effects that are turned of and on throughout is leading me to believe that it takes skill....

epilogue:
had a modeling amp(fender mustang 4) that i could program effects so that i could switch from dirty and clean with effects during song - super simple

currently upgraded to an all tube amp(egnater vengence) with nothing but 2 channels and reverb, and am planning on supplementing delay( and more effects in future when i make some more dinero.

so..

the other day i was covering "nowhere fast" by Incubus and realized ive now made it a pain for myself to switch from a distorted channel to clean with out having to turn on the delay as well. so just incase i didnt make sence let me just outright ask my question.

how can one switch from channel "A" to channel "b" with out having to press another button to turn on effect "X"? and then back..i need my distorted channel to be just distorted and my clean channel to have a delay, immediately...and then back again.
i do not want to have to press more than one button with my foot...anyone?

in other words:

LOUD- no effects to
soft with delay to
LOud -no effects etc etc
Last edited by jDrHobbs at Jun 19, 2013,
Quote by jDrHobbs
so im not sure if im in the right forum but the more and more songs i play with lots of effects that are turned of and on throughout is leading me to believe that it takes skill....

epilogue:
had a modeling amp(fender mustang 4) that i could program effects so that i could switch from dirty and clean with effects during song - super simple

currently upgraded to an all tube amp(egnater vengence) with nothing but 2 channels and reverb, and am planning on supplementing delay( and more effects in future when i make some more dinero.

so..

the other day i was covering "nowhere fast" by Incubus and realized ive now made it a pain for myself to switch from a distorted channel to clean with out having to turn on the delay as well. so just incase i didnt make sence let me just outright ask my question.

how can one switch from channel "A" to channel "b" with out having to press another button to turn on effect "X"? and then back..i need my distorted channel to be just distorted and my clean channel to have a delay, immediately...and then back again.
i do not want to have to press more than one button with my foot...anyone?

in other words:

LOUD- no effects to
soft with delay to
LOud -no effects etc etc

Some amps have foot switches that you can switch between channels but I'm not sure about you amp. You might just have to wait and save up for a pedal board.
I have aligned my pedals on my pedalboard so I can switch to certain combination of sounds with one foot only pressing 2 pedals/buttons at the same time.

examples here:
button 4 of GT-8 (chorus) is aligned with channel 3 of amp footswitch, which is clean on/off. If you place your foot appropriately, you can also reach with one tap the button 3 (delay), with or without the button 4.

At the top, you also have vocoder on/off aligned with the GT-8 FX1

You just have to be creative
Attachments:
IMG_0445 copy.jpg
AGEGBand
Guitar / Bass / Keyboard / Back Vocals

Sterling JP50, Fender CP Jazzmaster, Danelectro Danoblaster 12 strings, Aria 5102T, Epiphone LP STD 7 string => Carvin V3M

Peavey Cirrus BXP-5 => Trace Elliot GP7SM250

Korg X50
Last edited by Anthoje at Jun 19, 2013,
ok well, looks like im gonna have to suck it up and be a real man then, good thing my gf wants an engagement ring, that will make my pdeal buying easy!! thanks