Page 1 of 2
So Pit, it's gotten really hazy outside where I live because one of the country in the region is, I believe, practicing slash-and-burn tactics.

I look out the window and it's like I'm at a high altitude, the air smells like charcoal and everybody's talking about it here. I was going to go running this morning but I decided not to because it was so freaking hazy. Now I feel so unhealthy because I missed my run.

We use an index called PSI, which I think has been replaced by the air quality index in many other countries, and it's at about 371. For comparison, less than 40 is what's considered healthy, and according to the index, the air quality is "hazardous".

Have you ever experienced something like this? Have you ever experienced some kind of natural disaster?

Here's a picture from yesterday when the index hit 290.

Last edited by triface at Jun 20, 2013,
If I had a fog machine that was good enough to make people think it was a natural disaster, I'd be so happy.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
If I had a fog machine that was good enough to make people think it was a natural disaster, I'd be so happy.

That'd be very metal at a concert man.
You near Indonesia? My gf's in Singapore and it's really bad right now.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

If I had a fog machine I'd join brokenCYDE

FSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
oh shit I'm so glad you made this thread I can post my haze rant here

Quote by guitarxo
hi sorry I'm gonna complain about the haze again

it's ****ing inside my air conditioned room which I haven't been out of all day and the entire house is sealed off but it's still really difficult to breathe. and people are complaining that McDelivery is cancelled for the next few days what the **** go cook your own food or something it's a free bbq outside. and I saw a lady taking a HUSKY for a walk without a mask on, that's just cruel even without the haze. poor thing. also I think my hamster is on the verge of dying even though I moved her into my room because I heard her coughing/squeaking and she keeps falling down when she climbs stuff. I want to make her a mini-mask but I don't think she'd like it. I'd take her to the vet but I actually can't breathe at all when I go outside. I also need to go to the doctor for more painkillers since I ran out but I can't go which sucks cuz without them I can't move my entire right back/shoulder/neck/arm.

how the **** is this acceptable why cant we just drown indonesia or something

the end

edit: what part of singapore are you in? I'm in the southwest
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jun 20, 2013,
I hear where I live has shitty air quality compared to the rest of the U.S. because everything from Chicago/Gary evaporates off the lake, but it's not bad like this.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Yeah its happened Here in Edmonton twice in the past few years. Once it was yellow-tinged haze, it was pretty bad.

At least its not mist.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Heard it just hit 370 a while ago, pretty glad I moved now lol
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Quote by guitarxo
oh shit I'm so glad you made this thread I can post my haze rant here

edit: what part of singapore are you in? I'm in the southwest

Holy shit that's bad. How is this legal? Did they inform the surrounding countries before they started the burning?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
Holy shit that's bad. How is this legal? Did they inform the surrounding countries before they started the burning?

Its not legal, its just there are a lot of big time investors into the palm oil industry who like to turn a blind eye to it. It happens every year, just never this bad.
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Meanwhile, some Indonesian minister just said that we were acting all childish about it because we asked them to do something.

Fuck dat shit.

Quote by macaroni
You near Indonesia? My gf's in Singapore and it's really bad right now.

Yeah, and so is guitarxo apparently

Quote by guitarxo
what part of singapore are you in? I'm in the southwest

I'm in the North, which is apparently hit the hardest by this bullshit.

Quote by allouttatalent
Yeah its happened Here in Edmonton twice in the past few years. Once it was yellow-tinged haze, it was pretty bad.

Sounds like what happened to China a few months ago. It was basically mask or die

(Invalid img)

Quote by dr_shred
Its not legal, its just there are a lot of big time investors into the palm oil industry who like to turn a blind eye to it. It happens every year, just never this bad.

It has also been happening for about a month now, but it just suddenly escalated about 3 days ago.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves

What you need is a TL;DR.

TL;DR SEA region has Indonesia. Indonesian firms are burning shit. SEA region is clouded by a big-ass patch of smog.

Quote by mystical_1

At least its not mist.

I'd actually prefer if it were mist. That way I still can run. I'm very religious about my running routine
Last edited by triface at Jun 20, 2013,
Nothing like that here, just shitty weather. It's humid as ****, but it's just clouds, lots of clouds. I don't mind it being warm if it's sunny, but when it's like this, it's just unpleasant.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by kthxbi
no need to bring race into it you fascist.

Shit that has got to be the most obscure reference ever

I think gas masks are pushing it a little, but we're told the normal surgical masks don't cut it.
Quote by triface
Shit that has got to be the most obscure reference ever

I think gas masks are pushing it a little, but we're told the normal surgical masks don't cut it.

I live in the west. F*ck this shit I get a headache just for breathing in the outside air.
Quote by shredbeyndshred
thanx man you rule hong siah

Quote by Scourge
thanks, Hong Siah... now im gonna have nightmares about my balls being ripped apart while in mid fall from a building window.

#47 member of Alter Bridge Rocks club
#40 member of The Linkin Park Rocks Club
It's quite hazy in Amsterdam as well, but we don't utilize archaic slash-and-burn tactics to remove bushes from our nasty tourists so it can't be that...
Quote by Hong Siah
I live in the west. F*ck this shit I get a headache just for breathing in the outside air.

Do you work an indoors job or is the commute enough to make you feel that way?

I'm feeling a bit breathless myself, just staying indoors, but that could be a psychological thing from not having run today. Some of the guys in the exercise thread may know this about me

I'm going running at about 5 tomorrow. My mom wakes up at like 4+ and she says the haze isn't that bad before dawn. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote by Lord_Doku
It's quite hazy in Amsterdam as well, but we don't utilize archaic slash-and-burn tactics to remove bushes from our nasty tourists so it can't be that...

Is that a typo or am I reading what I'm reading?
well, I had to go to the CBD for something this evening. Couldn't breathe, fainted, cracked something in my neck, now I'm in the emergency ward. Half the people in here are here cuz of smtmfng rrekated to haze. you canh smell it n here too
cat
Quote by triface
Do you work an indoors job or is the commute enough to make you feel that way?

I'm feeling a bit breathless myself, just staying indoors, but that could be a psychological thing from not having run today. Some of the guys in the exercise thread may know this about me

I'm going running at about 5 tomorrow. My mom wakes up at like 4+ and she says the haze isn't that bad before dawn. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Is that a typo or am I reading what I'm reading?

Indoors job but the lift lobby outside the office smells like burning wood. Good luck with running man ahhah
Quote by shredbeyndshred
thanx man you rule hong siah

Quote by Scourge
thanks, Hong Siah... now im gonna have nightmares about my balls being ripped apart while in mid fall from a building window.

#47 member of Alter Bridge Rocks club
#40 member of The Linkin Park Rocks Club
Quote by guitarxo
well, I had to go to the CBD for something this evening. Couldn't breathe, fainted, cracked something in my neck, now I'm in the emergency ward. Half the people in here are here cuz of smtmfng rrekated to haze. you canh smell it n here too

Hope you're ok. You guys should shut down the city. No school/work until this thing goes away. I hear all the masks are sold out too.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by guitarxo

Hope you're okay man. This really makes me angry

Quote by Hong Siah
Indoors job but the lift lobby outside the office smells like burning wood. Good luck with running man ahhah

You mean the fan meeting in September?

Quote by macaroni
Hope you're ok. You guys should shut down the city. No school/work until this thing goes away. I hear all the masks are sold out too.

Yeah masks are sold out. The PSI is 400 now and we're not hearing anything related to a stop work order.

I love the government, and I love Indonesia.
Last edited by triface at Jun 21, 2013,
Quote by guitarxo

Holy cow. Will you be okay? D:
Thanks guys, I'll be fine haha. It was just a fracture, could've been a lot worse.

Quote by macaroni

Yeah, I imagine they're scared of what happened last time in 1997 when the haze coincided with a financial crisis. The economy's in much better shape now though and half the people I know aren't going to work anyway so they should just make it official. I hope your gf is ok.

Quote by triface
Hope you're okay man. This really makes me angry

You know what makes me angry?

This was the queue to get into CGH this morning

cat
I never thought about the effects that the pollution would have on the avian wildlife...That's ****ed up. It really is.
My aunty says it's up to around 400 now, looks horrendous. Stay safe guys!
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

How do you guys not just say "**** it" and threaten to bomb the hell out of Indonesia?

Or is that just the Murca' in me?
Quote by DukeDeRox
How do you guys not just say "**** it" and threaten to bomb the hell out of Indonesia?

Or is that just the Murca' in me?

All you man.

The country as a whole has been brainwashed into obedience. That's not even a hyperbole, unfortunately.
Quote by triface
All you man.

The country as a whole has been brainwashed into obedience. That's not even a hyperbole, unfortunately.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure that if we even considered doing so they'd wipe us out before we actually did anything. and then claim the country as a colony or something
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I agree, but I'm pretty sure that if we even considered doing so they'd wipe us out before we actually did anything. and then claim the country as a colony or something

It just started raining on the North side, probably other parts of the country as well. Hopefully the worst is over, but I somehow doubt that's the case.

Also, my sis just told me there was freaking hail on the West side.
Last edited by triface at Jun 25, 2013,
Quote by triface

It just started raining on the North side, probably other parts of the country as well. Hopefully the worst is over, but I somehow doubt that's the case.

Also, my sis just told me there was freaking hail on the West side.

yeah she's right! It's raining so hard here. all the water's going sideways and there are leaves flying up past my window from the ground (I live on the 4th floor). I swear the trees are all going to fall down or something. still, much better than the last few weeks, at least it's not 34 degrees out
cat
Page 1 of 2