Page 1 of 3
What makes us enjoy listening to what we do? I wanna hear your opinion.
Wub wubs

Can't beat a bit of wubbing on sunny afternoon

Wub
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I think there's so many different social and physical factors it would be overwhelmingly pointless to even try and figure it out
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I think elements of both nature and nurture have an effect on musical taste. For example, a Slayer fan might have been born with a low IQ but might also have headbutted a wall as a baby.
its related to intelligence. people with higher iq will listen to smart people genres like metal, and people with low iq will listen to pop music
Quote by devourke
its related to intelligence. people with higher iq will listen to smart people genres like metal, and people with low iq will listen to pop music

However, it's not just a direct correlation of; higher intelligence=certain music, though in certain cases that could be observed

Rock and roll was considered music for low lifes, delinquents and losers. and look at how stupid that turned out to be.

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I think it has a lot to do with the environment you are living in. For example if your parents and your friends don't listen to any type of music, you are most likely not going to do it because you don't even know its existence.

It took me 18 years to discover what heavy metal was about. My background would not let me listen to it, until I met that great guy who shared its passion with me.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

However, it's not just a direct correlation of; higher intelligence=certain music, though in certain cases that could be observed

Rock and roll was considered music for low lifes, delinquents and losers. and look at how stupid that turned out to be.

i like how the guy from the offspring studies vagina cancer. there's a joke there but i'm not gonna make it.
Quote by devourke

Implying metal is a 'smart people genre'. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the music, just trying to see what's clever about it.
Last edited by Miltam at Jun 20, 2013,
Quote by Miltam
Implying metal is a 'smart people genre'. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the music, just trying to see what's clever about it.

lol i bet you listen to nsync and katy perry. if you dont understand its complexity im not going to bother explaining it to you
Quote by devourke
lol i bet you listen to nsync and katy perry. if you dont understand its complexity im not going to bother explaining it to you

Why do metalheads automatically assume anyone who doesn't agree with em has to listen to katy perry? I like rock, not neanderthal screaming and mindless shredding.
Quote by Miltam
Why do metalheads automatically assume anyone who doesn't agree with em has to listen to katy perry? I like rock, not neanderthal screaming and mindless shredding.

neanderthals aren't around anymore lol. ever heard of evolution.

wow.
Quote by devourke
neanderthals aren't around anymore lol. ever heard of evolution.

wow.

wow I expected something witty.
Quote by Miltam
wow I expected something witty.

not my fault if it went over your head*.

*(that's a colloquial** term for when you don't understand something)

**(that's like informal slang***)

***(that's like how u talk to ur friends about the latest katy perry album. 'omg so hot')
Quote by devourke
not my fault if it went over your head*.

*(that's a colloquial** term for when you don't understand something)

**(that's like informal slang***)

***(that's like how u talk to ur friends about the latest katy perry album. 'omg so hot')

I dont even like katy perry. Oh btw I see you like RHCP, we're on the same page bby.
Quote by Miltam
I dont even like katy perry. Oh btw I see you like RHCP, we're on the same page bby.

i haven't updated those in about 5 years. my musical tastes and iq have both advanced significantly since then.
Quote by devourke
i haven't updated those in about 5 years. my musical tastes and iq have both advanced significantly since then.

Aw
obviously the most intelligent people listen to punk

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Miltam
Aw

im glad you've accepted the inferiority of your brain the music it likes
Quote by devourke
im glad you've accepted the inferiority of your brain the music it likes

yep u enlightened me. ill go press my low e string realllyy fast and become a genius
Quote by Miltam
yep u enlightened me. ill go press my low e string realllyy fast and become a genius

might want to detune it down to drop d to make your fingering more efficient. this is one of the things that makes metal musicians smarter than regular musicians who play in standard.
teh most inteligent ppl listen to TOOL n dats it. if u dont get maynards deepnes in lyrics den go kil urself faget lol
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
I like to think that musical taste can be correlated to how tightly the umbilical cord was wrapped around someone's neck during birth.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by devourke
might want to detune it down to drop d to make your fingering more efficient. this is one of the things that makes metal musicians smarter than regular musicians who play in standard.

Did you just say non metal musicians play in standard?

lol im done
Quote by Miltam
Did you just say non metal musicians play in standard?

lol im done

its a lot to take in, i know. i was stupid once too.
Quote by devourke
its a lot to take in, i know. i was stupid once too.

still are
Quote by devourke
epic comeback. do you want to call my momma fat as well

yo momma so fat she could play in a metal band
I remember reading various studies that said metal listeners have higher IQ. Maybe a load of bs but I'm pretty sure it was referring to more technical metal like Dream Theater rather than Linkin Park or Slipknot.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
i like to think your music tastes are based off your past experiences, i listen to mostly metal and rock but don't mind country either cause of some of the girls i hung out with n highschool listened to it and it reminds me of good ties and all that
you can say that smarter people listen to metal, but chances are if the smartest people in the world only ever heard pop they'd just listen to the pop they preferred

people don't listen to music based on intelligence that just gets said by some tools trying to build some self confidence and justify their own tastes

the real smart people are always the ones that never try to convince you of their intelligence, they know they're smarter than you and don't give a **** what you think
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

There are way more famous musicians than that with doctorates.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
There are way more famous musicians than that with doctorates.

I would have thought so as well, but All the ones I knew about
(Brian may and milo) were on there, so I don't have the knowledge to disprove it

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I like Metal because I'm 13 and have greasy hair. When I wash my hair (which I don't), I tend to like more complex music like Jazz or Baroque.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by devourke
epic comeback. do you want to call my momma fat as well

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I would have thought so as well, but All the ones I knew about
(Brian may and milo) were on there, so I don't have the knowledge to disprove it

I know the sax player from Sigh has one. Also Ralph Stanley, Billy Joel, David Gilmour, Tchaikovsky, and other musicians also have honorary doctorate degrees. Some of them, like Billy Joel, have even received multiple doctorates.

TS is also kind of stupid.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I know the sax player from Sigh has one. Also Ralph Stanley, Billy Joel, David Gilmour, Tchaikovsky, and other musicians also have honorary doctorate degrees. Some of them, like Billy Joel, have even received multiple doctorates.

TS is also kind of stupid.

well fair enough then

I just saw it the other day and thought it was interesting

EDIT: the ones I posted though were all actual doctorates, not honourary.
But It's still just something I found interesting.

taste in music isn't directly related to intelligence

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Jun 20, 2013,
Generally I've found that the most intelligent of people, at least the ones who went to my school and were the super Honor students or whatever, have absolutely no preference and no specific taste in music whatsoever. I've always found they just listen to whatever comes on hot hits radio or the top 10 on iTunes.

My theory is that people who are intelligent and successful in their specific fields simply don't have time to be picky with music.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Generally I've found that the most intelligent of people, at least the ones who went to my school and were the super Honor students or whatever, have absolutely no preference and no specific taste in music whatsoever. I've always found they just listen to whatever comes on hot hits radio or the top 10 on iTunes.

My theory is that people who are intelligent and successful in their specific fields simply don't have time to be picky with music.

Yeah because super honors students are the perfect representation of all intelligent people everywhere
Page 1 of 3