Hey guys, need some advice if you'd be kind enough;
Making T.shirts for the band
Manufacturing and postage comes to £13:40
What do you think would be an appropriate price to pay for a band t.shirt?
What the most/least you've paid?
Any other advice or tips?

I'll apreciate any help I can get, it's pretty difficult to be a D.I.Y musician, as I'm sure most of you know
No way I'd pay more than a tenner for a local bands t-shirt, and that's only if I'm absolutely blown away by their performance.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Bonamassahassa
£9.71, I would loose £3.69 :P

Maybe don't go shoving £3.69 up your ass, then.
Quote by metacarpi
No way I'd pay more than a tenner for a local bands t-shirt, and that's only if I'm absolutely blown away by their performance.

Same here man.

I didn't realize they'd be so expensive to make though.
Buy a bunch of cheap shirts from your local Teisco or Wal-Mart, buy a second hand screen printer and ink, reap the profits.

Seriously, though, screen printing is the ONLY way to go when making bulk local band shirts.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by triface
Same here man.

I didn't realize they'd be so expensive to make though.

They're not, I imagine that TS is looking at prices for individual shirts from somewhere.

TS - look for bulk buys. Try here:

http://www.igopost.co.uk/Clothing-Caps/T-shirts/Imago-mens-T-shirt.html;pgid=2MrhPbOeB9JSR0c2IKlPmhdf0000lfQ408PC;sid=mRGzxBLAHyqzxEMDn1C0zBHKnC48XBf_Fok=?sku=40143013-master&CategoryName=90_8200

Single colour print on a T, buying in a bulk of 72 works out at £3.14/shirt.

2 second search - Google exists for a reason.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
They're not, I imagine that TS is looking at prices for individual shirts from somewhere.

TS - look for bulk buys. Try here:

http://www.igopost.co.uk/Clothing-Caps/T-shirts/Imago-mens-T-shirt.html;pgid=2MrhPbOeB9JSR0c2IKlPmhdf0000lfQ408PC;sid=mRGzxBLAHyqzxEMDn1C0zBHKnC48XBf_Fok=?sku=40143013-master&CategoryName=90_8200

Single colour print on a T, buying in a bulk of 72 works out at £3.14/shirt.

2 second search - Google exists for a reason.

Oh.

So I shouldn't feel like a cheap motherfucker for typing in about $5-$10 and then removing it?
Using the website I linked earlier, a bulk of 72 t-shirts would set you back £226.08.

Assuming you can shift them at £10 each, that means you'd need to sell 23 shirts to cover your costs, after that it'd all be gravy, you'd earn about £500 assuming you could shift them all.

Hell, sell them for £7.50 each. You need to sell 30 shirts to cover your costs, leaving you 42 shirts to profit on, netting you £315.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Bonamassahassa
£9.71, I would loose £3.69 :P

Wait, they were 13.40 each? I thought that was for like... a box of 20 or something. Dude, you're getting ripped off big time.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
TS, you can try a site called Zazzle. I don't know how they split the money with the content creator, but I imagine it's a pretty good deal, seeing as they're quite popular. Also, there are different types of t-shirts you can choose from, ranging from low to high prices.

You can also make lots of other merch on that site. All you need to do is upload large enough images.
If you're paying £13.40 (not gonna bother to figure out what that is in $), you are getting ripped off. That's a ridiculous price to pay per shirt.
1.Network
2.Find someone involved in your scene that does screen printing
3. Profit ???$$$$
Thank you guys! For anyone that is interested, I've researched different manufacture techniques, and I think the best option for me and the band is to buy a second hand heat press. Looks pretty simple, and much cheaper than buying bulk!
Thanks again for your replies
In an old band of mine, before we ordered bulk shirts from a local place, we actually bought a small silkscreening kit. That was great experience! It worked too, and I learned that I definitely didn't want to do them by myself, lol.

But a heat press is a different thing. That is a good idea!
Vitne
http://
Is it cheaper and will it actually prodcue better results than what i posted up?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.