Page 1 of 4
From Wiki.

Touch typing (also called touch type or touch method or touch and type method) is typing without using the sense of sight to find the keys. Specifically, a touch typist will know their location on the keyboard through muscle memory. Touch typing typically involves placing the eight fingers in a horizontal row along the middle of the keyboard (the home row) and having them reach for other keys. Touch typing can be done using two hands or possibly only with one.

I work with computers all the time at my job, plus I'm constantly surfing around the net, so typing just became natural to me. A lot of classes during my early school years helped a lot, too. Are you guys muscle memory typers?

Optional Objective: Your words per minute?

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

I got 126wpm with 5 mistakes. The world average is 50-80wpm. Feelin' pretty good, but I have a feeling that there are some much faster bros around here.

HARD MODE: Don't read the text before typing it. Give it a virgin run where you type as you're reading it for the first time.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
They tried to drill that shit into us in school. They had little cardboard things to put over the keyboard so we couldn't see out hands. When the teach wasn't looking I'd revert to my usual way of typing anyway. I don't have one position for my hands and don't rely entirely on sight. I move my hands around but try to hit a key with whatever finger is closest.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I can't do proper typing. I just do what comes naturally.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Nope. I still look and type with two fingers, for the most part(I use my pinkies for backspace/shift etc). It's all because when I had computer class in 7th grade I hated the week we did typing so much. All that homerow key bs. It was so boring and just shit so I didn't bother learning and did all my assignments by looking and typing normally when the teacher wasn't by me.
I look at the keyboard and I type using mostly my two index fingers. It's not common but its the way I grew up using the keyboard. I never had a typing class or anything so its not like anyone ever taught me. I can type pretty decently quick though.
pinga
Can, but don't. I tend to look at the keyboard out of habit. That and I can't do those tests as I can't read and type at the same time.
Good god, I did awful, 70 wpm with 2 mistakes.

Wouldn't think I worked in IT O_o
I never look, I have my keyboard under the table, I never roll it out so I had to learn to touch type. Sometimes I do some mistake with diacritics but I got all the letters right.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
I got 84 wpm and 4 mistakes.

I'm hardly a speed typer, and I've never had to do it professionally
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I can type and not look at the keyboard but i don't keep my hands in any homerow keys.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I can touch type but i rarely do. It's easier to glance at the board.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
68wpm with 1 mistake.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I can type quite quickly, sometimes without looking at the keys. But I'm shit at typing stuff out word for word from somewhere else. I'm only quick when its off the top of my head.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Yeah. Just use the F and J as reference points as they got a mark on them - index fingers should be placed there by default... then force yourself to start using all fingers.
I got it because I used to be a video game nerd who never turned the lights on

Have actually had a job as a translator/interpreter for deaf people so the skill came in handy.
Last edited by fanapathy at Jun 20, 2013,
Upped it to 72wpm, but with 2 mistakes.

One of them I typed a completely different word to what was in the text - not sure what happened there!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
73 with 8 mistakes lol.

naah this is not my stuff. I do an awful lot of mistakes all the time.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I dont really need to look if that's what you mean but I don't do the eight fingers on the home row crap they drilled into me in school. Always hated that and was always a faster typist than anyone in my classes anyway.
Virgin run, 78 wpm, 0 errors. And I'm typing on a laptop sitting on the couch a foot in front of me (not nearly proper form). Better than I did in high school.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Your speed was: 81wpm.

You made 2 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

what's the deal with that crazy hyphen spacing? Anyway 126 is insane.
76wpm with 10 mistakes, it's late so I'll try again tomorrow.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
wonder if it be any difference for me in swedish.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I'm a total touch typist.. I bought a fancy new backlit keyboard when my old one died and those LEDs get zero use. My keyboard is under my desk while I type. It has a wrist rest which threw me off for quite some time and I had to relearn keyboards.. **** wrist rests, I still hate them.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

39wpm

I stopped fairly early on though, plus i didn't read the text beforehand, plus i kept going back to correct mistakes.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I don't go by the whole 4 fingers on the keyboard thing, but generally yes. I will look at the keyboard sometimes, but I can type without looking.

Edit: Yeah screw tests, I'm lazy. And on my iPod.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 20, 2013,
oh my god, I got 28wpm with 3 mistakes

Edit: 2nd turn 32wpm with 3 mistakes, I always go back to correct mistakes though!
Last edited by ehbacon at Jun 20, 2013,
People look at the keyboard?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
People look at the keyboard?

I do so I don't have to read the absolute rubbish I'm typing.
I am absolutely not a speed typer. It's been at least a minute since I started typing this sentence.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
83 with one mistake, it would have been faster but I backspaced several times to fix errors.

You ****ing ******s, use the home keys and don't use two fingers. I am incredibly disappointed.
Lol. I thought that I typed pretty fast. 67 wpm (0 mistakes virgin run). I suck. But then again half the words were words that I'm not at all used to typing, let alone use...I was about to say everyday, but I'm going to go with just ever. Cornucopia? Some long ass 15-letter flower name? please.
I'm a touch typist. It kinda sucks that i get used to not using my left-hand pinky finger. I'm gonna work on it now.

You guys should practice this shit. It'll only takes a week to memorize all the letters, then a month and a half to get used to it.

Edit:

Got 68wpm with 1 mistake. I guess i don't have to worry about this useless pinky finger anymore. xD
Last edited by rolandroi at Jun 20, 2013,
Page 1 of 4