I bought a Dyna Comp MXR M102 compression pedal online. There's no place around here that carries pedals, so I have to go by what I can find on Youtube to get an idea of how things sound.

Anyway, the pedal works fairly well, but by the time I get the amount of compression I'd like, the initial attack on each string is very sharp. I know that's how it works, but I didn't realize it would be this pronounced. I'm just wondering if there's a pedal that gives a good amount of compression with less sharpness to the initial hit on the strings.

Thanks for any replies.
Some compression pedals have an 'attack' control. I think I'm wrong here but doesn't the dyna comp have some sort of trimpot inside of it? If it does I don't remember what it controls.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
There's no attack control but going by the about section on the jim Dunlop website, it was designed to have a clicky attack, so I believe it to be the nature of that compressor. If you have an effects loop you could try running it in there.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.