Sup guys

I really want to get a rr24 becuase i really love the way it looks and since i am mostly into metal, but i got into my schools jazz band because i like playing different genres, so i am going to have play bluesy and jazzy stuff, so any ideas on how i would make this guitar be able to play blues and just make it more versatile becuse i know a pickup change is necessary.
Oof, that's going to be rough. That's like the least jazzy guitar in the whole world. Luckily most high school jazz bands aren't going to care much. I wouldn't try too hard to make it jazzy because it's just not going to happen in any meaningful way and there wouldn't be any point in making it a little more jazz friendly and then having a worthless metal guitar.

If you've got a decent high-headroom amp, you could probably just switch from an EMG81 to an 85X for that extra warmth. But it's not like you're going to be able to put an Alnico II Pro in there and still play metal in the same way.

Surely there's a similar model with a neck pickup that you could get? An EMG60 is a totally good jazz pickup with the right amp, but not in the bridge, and you wouldn't want it as your only pickup in an RR24.
buy like 1500 blindfolds for everyone in the audience EDIT: yeah and get one with a neck pickup
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Actually im not a big fan of EMGs the metal that i am into would be like Metallica, MegaDeth, Randy rhoads, and progressive and melodic stuff so any advice? The problem is that i love the Rhoads shape and i love maple fingerboards and i dont mind the single pickup one bit, but it just makes it hard for the guitar to be versatile
it's really your call... from the sounds of it you already know the pros and cons.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?