I need some advice dudeskis!
Soon I will get a new guitar that`s called Ibanez RGD7421 with a 26,6 scale.
I`ll use A standard as my starting tuning or whatever you can call it!
I`ll go as low as G and then also tune the lowest string down to F# for some of my weird experiments.

I`d like to have some cleans left so the pups shouldn`t have too much output. you know.
The tone I`m seeking is crunchy and pretty fat. I need both bridge pups and neck pups.
I use a Laney Ironheart.
Here are some examples of the tone I`m seeking:
Saken är att guran har plats åt passiva micar!
Här har vi soundet jag letar efter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJ2yjAoQu0 That dist is nice as **** but a bit more crunchy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qICwgHT5rpg This is something at the right direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxPKrt5i-M Here`s my fellow swede Ola Englund! Drop A tone.

Some clunk while playing on the lowest string would be nice.
Dissonance is underrated.
You might check out Tesla and RailHammer pickups.

Tesla has several products that are perfect for heavier music.

The design of the RailHammers is to deliver tight low ends and crisp highs simultaneously. The HyperVintage is more classic rock, the Chisel is hard rock to metal, the Anvil is the most aggressive.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 20, 2013,
Well an american voiced amp would help...

I would have to say that EMGs are still my favourite for tuning down really low and retaining decent clarity.

EDIT: God I forget how good old Korn was.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers also deliver a good metal tone, with a bit more clarity than one might expect.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I'm pretty sure that Munky didn't use high output pickups. He used Dimarzio PAF 7s. When Wes Borland went back to 6-strings, he used the standard PRS Custom 24 pickups. He did use EMGs at one point though. They weren't using super high-output pickups. They just used a lot of gain to make up for it and it gave them a loose sound. Ola's music is more technical so he uses higher output pickups for tightness. Do you want the nu-metal tone or the Ola tone? I would personally wait to get the guitar and play it through your amp and then find out what you want.
Well about the Tesla, Railhammer and Lace pickups.. I live in Sweden and I can`t get a hold of the locally you know.
The Lace ones sounded pretty cool and looked really cool also!
I just realized that all of the sounds I was looking for was played through a Mesa. Damn -.-

I know, I have the PAF 7`s in one of my guitar and when you get down to like drop A they don`t stay very tight and that sucks. Even without the gain dimed.
I`d like to have something in between actually. Fat and crunchy.
Not too high output for the cleans sake.
I don`t really mind how the highs are since I don`t solo very much.

Can you really take the guitar home and try it before you buy it??
Sorry, I know I`m a pain in the ass..
Well Ola seems to use the Duncan Distortions a lot. I'm not sure how low they can handle though. G is pretty darn low.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Well Ola seems to use the Duncan Distortions a lot. I'm not sure how low they can handle though. G is pretty darn low.

Ola goes down to drop A as a lowest tuning I think.

This is what I`ll play when I go to drop G# and stuff. They are in drop G or G#.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mycimXIetBI
. I live in Sweden and I can`t get a hold of the locally you know.

Just to let you know, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas, and I can't buy those locally, either. I'm still putting some Teslas in a current custom project.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Just to let you know, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas, and I can't buy those locally, either. I'm still putting some Teslas in a current custom project.

That`s cool but then again I`ll have to pay a ton to get them here you know.
We only have Duncans and DiMarzios here and that sucks :/
If you're going to be experimenting with a lot of downtunings and want low output the Deathbar is a good choice. It only runs 5k resistance figures but the design allows it to have a lot of power on the bottom end, and still retain tight clarity for the cleans. We have distributors in France, Switzerland, Greece and the UK, I'm not 100% which would be easiest for you though. Tesla's are an interesting choice, i do like their Plasma-71 but haven't tried it personally. You never know, the pickups in the guitar might suffice!
Quote by nick@lacemusic
If you're going to be experimenting with a lot of downtunings and want low output the Deathbar is a good choice. It only runs 5k resistance figures but the design allows it to have a lot of power on the bottom end, and still retain tight clarity for the cleans. We have distributors in France, Switzerland, Greece and the UK, I'm not 100% which would be easiest for you though. Tesla's are an interesting choice, i do like their Plasma-71 but haven't tried it personally. You never know, the pickups in the guitar might suffice!

Damn, the design Lace has on the pickups is hot as **** and yea, the Plasmas sound pretty cool.
So many people have said that the stock pups need to be changed but I`ll see I guess.
I`ll have these brands in mind.
Regardless of your eventual choice, good luck in your tone hunt!