So I just got Dethklok's Dethalbum III Tab Book and I've been dying to play some of this, but I want heavier strings first, since 99% of their songs are in C Standard tuning.

I've been using Ernie Ball regular 10's and I want something heavier for my Epiphone Les Paul Studio, that will be good for C Standard tuning, as well as when I play in E Standard, and drop down to Drop D or C.

This may be a stretch considering all the tunings I use, but I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.
Quote by jomo1997
So I just got Dethklok's Dethalbum III Tab Book and I've been dying to play some of this, but I want heavier strings first, since 99% of their songs are in C Standard tuning.

I've been using Ernie Ball regular 10's and I want something heavier for my Epiphone Les Paul Studio, that will be good for C Standard tuning, as well as when I play in E Standard, and drop down to Drop D or C.

This may be a stretch considering all the tunings I use, but I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

i'd probably go with 11's if i was going all the way down to C.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
At least .013s

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
At least .013s

.013s are not necessary, he could do it with .012s or .011s too.
Quote by JackovSlayer

You're right, nothing is necessary and he can actually use whatever gauge he wants. I was just going off of my knowledge and experience.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by JackovSlayer

if he plays 10 in E std, he would likely need 12's in C std, probably .13's, just depends what you go with. i haven't tried these, but may be right up your alley

http://www.ernieball.com/products/electric-strings/1726/not-even-slinky-nickel-wound

12,16,24p, 32, 44, 56 they would likely be fine in standard, may be a tad tighter than usual, but you have a heavier low string setup so you would be ok in C.

for the record (not that it matters) but i play d'addario blues nickle wound .11"s
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/