So I am open for advice from anyone but, I would like to hear from confident individuals who have mastered "Alternate Picking".

Perfecting isn't necessarily possible, so defining mastery would be being able to pick fast and clean at above average bpm's.

My question IS how did some of you guys approach mastering this technique and how did you deal with the frustration that came along down that journey!

Thanks!
Gear:
Schechter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Line 6 Pocket POD
Fender 15G Amp (Boo)
Wishlist:
ESP Signature (Syu) Crying Star
ESP Signature (Leda) Horizon II NT
Marshall DSL100 Halfstack
BOSS GT-10 Effects Pedal
The same you approach any technique - emphasize a clean and fluent sound, precision, and minimize the effort on your end to get the sound you want.
It's better to start with single string alternate picking lines. Look up some Paul Gilbert videos on YouTube.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have nothing to say about technique, because I'm doing the same thing as you would think: just keeping it clean and slowly increasing the speed. I am nowhere near mastery, but I'm in the same boat as you are now, so I thought maybe what I have to say may be useful.

I dealt with the frustration by finding a fun song to learn and play. In The Presence of Enemies Part 1 by Dream Theater is fantastic for this purpose. It doesn't sound like shit even if you play it super slow, and it's quite a great workout. Just working the first 2 minutes of that song up to full speed got my hands to be more accustomed to alternate picking to the point I find it more natural and controlled to do 3 notes per string passages with it.

E|-5-----------------------------------------------| B|---6-8-5---6---5---------------------------------| G|---------7---7---5---7-----5---------------------| D|-------------------7---7-5---5-3-2---------------| A|-----------------------------------5-----3-------| E|-------------------------------------5-3---3-1-0-| E|----------------------------------------------------------| B|----------------------------------------------------------| G|----------------------------------------------------------| D|-0-0-0-7-0-5-0-7-0-10-9-0-5-0-7-0-14-10-0-12-0-7-0-10-9-0-| A|----------------------------------------------------------| E|----------------------------------------------------------| E|--------------------------------------------------------| B|--------------------------------------------------------| G|--------------------------------------------------------| D|-0-0-0-7-0-5-0-7-0-12-10-0-5-0-7-0-10-9-0-3-0-7-5-0-2-3-| A|--------------------------------------------------------| E|--------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------| B|--------------------------------------------------------------------| G|--------------------------------------------------------------------| D|-0-0-0-7-0-5-0-7-0-12-10-0-5-0-7-0-10-9-0-3-0-7-5-0-2-3-3-2-0-3-2---| A|------------------------------------------------------------------3-| E|--------------------------------------------------------------------|

With that said, not all alternate picking passages are made equal. Some are just awful to learn on. The very same song contains this passage.

E|-------------------------------------------------| B|-------------------------------------------------| G|-------------------------------------------------| D|-7-8-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-| A|-------------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------------| B|-------------------------------------------------| G|-------------------------------------------------| D|-7-8-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-| A|-------------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------------| B|-------------------------------------------------| G|-7-8-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-7-8-7-5-| D|-------------------------------------------------| A|-------------------------------------------------| E|-------------------------------------------------|

It's up to you to find something that is fun so you can keep at it.