Page 1 of 4
What is your attitude towards homeless people?
What is the "right" thing to do when they ask you for money or food?

Where I live there are signs telling people not to give the homeless money, because you'll just be funding their drug addiction. What are you supposed to do? Ignore them? Take them to a shelter or soup kitchen?
Money does nothing but help the homeless, most of whom are mentally ill. And even if they're addicts, have some ****ing compassion. They're homeless. Let them escape the world for a few hours at a time without being judgmental. If your life sucked that much dick, you'd probably want to do drugs too.
They should probably be wrangled up into a spaceship and sent to Venus.

Just an idea. Throwing it out there.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by progdude93
Money does nothing but help the homeless, most of whom are mentally ill. And even if they're addicts, have some ****ing compassion. They're homeless. Let them escape the world for a few hours at a time without being judgmental. If your life sucked that much dick, you'd probably want to do drugs too.

This. If I have some spare change, I always give it away.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by sashki

Where I live there are signs telling people not to give the homeless money, because you'll just be funding their drug addiction.

Not every drug addict is homeless and not every homeless is a drug addict, But I'm sure people with the mentally of the selected quote are one of several factors there are so many homeless.

Quote by progdude93
Money does nothing but help the homeless, most of whom are mentally ill

This is another factor.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Jun 20, 2013,
I sometime give change. The most recent time the person then went on to complement my Dead Kennedys t-shirt, maybe that was some kind of karma?
Quote by progdude93

Lol no. I'd invest in several pairs of boots, the better to pull myself up by the bootstraps.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
They're still human, they should be treated with the same decency as any other person
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Lol no. I'd invest in several pairs of boots, the better to pull myself up by the bootstraps.

When's the last time you bought your own boots? Those ****ers are expensive (at least the decent ones).
Quote by whywefight
Where I live anyone that's begging for money could get a job within a couple days if they tried. In fact, I know that one of them was offered a job straight up and he refused. ****ing fairweather hobos.

Yeah most people can't/won't get a job if they don't actually have somewhere to live.
What are they going to do even if they did get a job? Go sleep on the streets every night until they can afford some kind of hostel/hotel?
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Yeah most people can't/won't get a job if they don't actually have somewhere to live.
What are they going to do even if they did get a job? Go sleep on the streets every night until they can afford some kind of hostel/hotel?

At least with a job they can afford food. It's a start.
Quote by progdude93
When's the last time you bought your own boots? Those ****ers are expensive (at least the decent ones).

I actually only have one pair, Clarks desert boots like $100 at Macy's.

Which isn't that bad, they don't have straps but still, no sympathy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by sashki
At least with a job they can afford food. It's a start.

Oh yeah true...but still my main point, unless they got into a place that gave jobs specifically to the homeless, not many people will employ homeless people.

EDIT: Though they're still going to have to wait for a paycheck before being able to eat.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/

....but where are they sleeping now? how is having no job and no housing better than having a job and no housing?

besides, I called them fairweather hobos for a reason. they disappear immediately when the temp gets below 40.
a guy i work with offers to make them dinner and take them out for food when they ask for money. if they accept, they obviously didnt want the money to fund their drug addiction AND they get a free meal... if they turn down the offer, they must not be in an urgent enough situation to be begging for money.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
I barely have any money as is. I'm not gonna be giving it away.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by ErikLensherr
I actually only have one pair, Clarks desert boots like $100 at Macy's.

Which isn't that bad, they don't have straps but still, no sympathy.

Of course. Why would a fine, upstanding, compassionate, and humane individual have sympathy for someone down on their luck, many of whom have mental illnesses?
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
a guy i work with offers to make them dinner and take them out for food when they ask for money. if they accept, they obviously didnt want the money to fund their drug addiction AND they get a free meal... if they turn down the offer, they must not be in an urgent enough situation to be begging for money.

Why would they turn it down? Money saved on food can be spent on drugs.
Quote by WCPhils

qft

I'm saving my money for an apartment, as ironic as that seems in the context of this thread.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by whywefight
....but where are they sleeping now? how is having no job and no housing better than having a job and no housing?

besides, I called them fairweather hobos for a reason. they disappear immediately when the temp gets below 40.

Missed my point completely there, I meant if they applied for a job but couldn't provide a fixed address/look evidently homeless not many people would take them on.
And as for the one person being offered a job and refusing it...well he was probably mentally ill/an arsehole/both.
Many jobs require addresses. Keep that in mind. Also, who would want to hire a homeless person when a hygienic person of average financial standing is available also?
Quote by whywefight

I have no idea who you think is hiring people who leave "Address" blank on their application
Quote by sashki

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Missed my point completely there, I meant if they applied for a job but couldn't provide a fixed address/look evidently homeless not many people would take them on.
And as for the one person being offered a job and refusing it...well he was probably mentally ill/an arsehole/both.

Oh, alright, I understand.
Quote by sashki

yeah i had the same question, but he's had some turn down the offer before, believe it or not.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by eGraham
They should probably be wrangled up into a spaceship and sent to Venus.

Just an idea. Throwing it out there.

Don't get carried away.

We are nowhere near getting people to Venus. Lets put em on Mars.
Quote by Bladez22
They're still human, they should be treated with the same decency as any other person

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ErikLensherr

GOAT post
I'll toss them a couple bucks. Occasionally I even by them a six pack. Sometimes I make it a 12 pack and share it with them. Most that I have met are ex military. If they are sociable I'll spend a couple minutes. If they're not I'll spend a couple bucks. Most are very anti social for whatever reason and that's why they are homeless. But I help with whatever little I can. Even if it's just sharing a beer with a fellow human down on his luck or giving a fiver to a lunatic. They are still people deserving of the same basic respect and compassion all humans deserve.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
We have so many homeless people here it gets pretty easy to just ignore all of them. They're not aggressive so whatever.
I've never seen more drug addicts and homeless people than I have in Bristol. A lot seem like just young dudes down on their luck, a lot are just ****ing nutters . I've only had trouble a couple of times though and even then it was never violent or anything.
Funny enough I just gave a man my last dollar after going grocery shopping today. I may not have much money but I'm glad to help someone who needs it. I even offered him to go to the food bank I volunteer at.
STಠ_ಠ
All the homeless congregate in one part of town that is far away from me or any potential destination of mine. I virtually never have to think about them, so I usually don't.
I don't want to fund an addiction, and it isn't always easy to tell who's got one with homeless folk.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Last edited by Ziphoblat at Jun 20, 2013,
We get a lot of homeless in San Antonio. We usually ignore them, but in some cases, like one time when he had a sign that read "Out of work cereal killer looking for money for spoon and milk" we help them. It really depends.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by WCPhils

oh yeah? you should tell them that and see what they think

i usually give them whatever cash i have on hand
Quote by S0n1c '97
We get a lot of homeless in San Antonio. We usually ignore them, but in some cases, like one time when he had a sign that read "Out of work cereal killer looking for money for spoon and milk" we help them. It really depends.

yea, i generally ignore them unless they're entertaining.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Eastwinn
oh yeah? you should tell them that and see what they think

i usually give them whatever cash i have on hand

Well the only time I see them is when I'm in the city which is usually for school. I usually only have enough to take the train there and back. If I gave any away I'd be stuck there.

I literally never have any to give away
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 4