i am getting a used fender squier se special guitar and it does not include a whammy bar. what kind of whammy bar do i need to get for it? thanks
Quote by bre78
i am getting a used fender squier se special guitar and it does not include a whammy bar. what kind of whammy bar do i need to get for it? thanks

it runs a pretty standard whammy bar, any fender replacement whammy will work.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Good luck. Squier used different diameters and different thread pitches over the years, and even in the same years at different factories and for different models. You might have to buy a bunch off eBay before you find one that fits.

One made for an MIA Strat will most likely not fit, nor will most made for MIM Strats, either. Those aren't necessarily interchangeable, either.

I wanted a black tip for my bar on my Affinity Strat, so I bought a Squier bar, but it wouldn't thread in. I had to swap the tips, and they weren't the same either, so now the black tip sticks out farther than the white one did, and I had to fill the gap between the diameters with tape. One Squier tip threaded on, while the other pressed. It was a real Squier replacement part, too--you could tell by the packaging.
Easiest way would be to take your guitar into the store and just try the different diameters out until you find one that matches.
In any case, try to find one that suits your needs i.e. the color or if you want it bent or not.
went through this same thing; go to any guitar center and just ask for a whammy. i went through at least 30 minutes of talking to the accessories guy just to find that all you really need is a screw-in whammy, nothing special. or you can just go to www.stewmac.com (i think its called a tremolo arm on here)