Page 1 of 2
Mine is the Jazz III:

...and now I can't use anything else. What is everyone else using at the moment?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I used to be strictly a Jazz III XL guy, but I've since discovered the Dunlop Ultex and I've switched to those almost exclusively in the past few months. After trying both, I think I like the Ultex Sharps a bit better that the standard tip Ultex, but I find both to be great picks!

For acoustic, which I really don't play a whole lot at this point, I've always preferred nylon picks, generally 1mm or .88.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I'm currently using a jade pick based on a Stubby.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Jim Dunlop USA Nylon, usually either .73mm or 1mm

Been using them as long as I can remember.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
The Sam Ash medium plectrum that was in the Burny I bought from Greg

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ultex
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I've recently re-embraced celluloid after a few years of tortex. Now mostly Dunlop and Fender celluloid heavies.

Why is it nearly impossible to find a celluloid pick in a solid color other than black or white?
Quote by Emperor's Child
Mine is the Jazz III:

...and now I can't use anything else. What is everyone else using at the moment?

Heard these are pretty good, luckily found one at school when a friend pointed it out, so time to test it out!
I've generally just used cheap picks, varying from 0.8-1.2 thickness. Preferred thickness is 1.0 though.
Jazz III XL. It's nice and big so it gives you something to almost lean on when bashing out riffs. Pretty much no flex so it's an effort using it, I like that. I tried the normal jazz III's but they were too small. I wish you could a jazz iii xl in ultex.
Tortex Jazz III or GTFO.

I don't like the other Jazz picks because they're too slippery. I have to keep repositioning them in my hand.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Normal Jazz III's are too small. I like the XL's a lot.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
JP Jazz III

Or Jim Dunlop Stubbys, te purple ones.

I find the JP lets me position my thumb in the perfect spot for getting pinch harmonics, and the stubby is great for balls to the wall riffing.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
1mm tortex. When I actually bother playing. I also have some older standard nylon ones knocking about that I use on occasion.
Jazz III's or XLs all I use. I do however use random picks I find laying around.
you're never as free as when you are lost
I prefer the Dunlop Yellow Tortex picks (.73mm) in the standard shape.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I used to be a strict Jazz III guy but back in October, I tried Dunlop Sharps in 1.14 mm. No regrets so far.
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
Quote by Emperor's Child
Mine is the Jazz III:

Same here, I've tried tonnes of other ones, still prefer the jazz III
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
.88mm Dunlop Tortex

I've never tried the Jazz IIIs but apparently they're all the rage around here, I've just always liked the feel of the Tortex picks, mostly the material. I play a lot of fast rhythm stuff (I guess you could say August Burns Red style rhythm work) with a lot of alternate picking and string skipping and what have you so the Tortex picks have always been solid. That said, I've never really experimented. Maybe I'll like the Jazz IIIs more for that.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Krauser
.88mm Dunlop Tortex

Love them greenies. They used to be the only picks I'd use.
I use Fender Heavey at the moment, but then get worn out really fast.

I also use metal picks, but they destroy my strings.
Quote by griffin888
Petrucci Jazz IIIs.
How are the Petrucci ones compared to the originals?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I have used Dunlop JAZZ III almost exclusively for 4 years now. I try something new now and then just for fun - it's been the green Tortex 0.88, Fender (celluloid) Heavy and others but none even come close.

Other picks wear down in a week, whereas the black Jazz III's I use still feel fresh after 6 months. I generally don't throw picks around and using a new pick every day is totally out of the question.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I use pretty much anything that is close by but I prefer to buy Tortex .60mm the orange ones or Dunlop confetti celluloid thins.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Moved from Jazz III XLs to these, the exact thickness and bright enough attack, me likes :

ESP LTD MH-100QM STB with Suhr SSV-N & SSH-B
Phil Pro MS-20
Vox V845 Classic Wah
Fender Mustang IV V.2
Fender Mustang I
I used to use Dunlop Jazz III's but I've switched to Dava Jazz III's.

Very good picks.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
I love the attack and feel of a Jazz III, but that tiny piece of plastic isn't enough for my beefy hands. If I can fin the XL's I might just switch to those though. Right now I use Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks. Thick enough for riffing, but still thin enough that soloing doesn't become difficult (to me anyway.)
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Page 1 of 2