I deleted my old thread and made a new one. Here is the point of the old thread:

Quote by guitar/bass95
So, I'm looking for an amp to replace my 6505+112. The reason for this is that I need better clean tones, and I'd like to have something a bit less gainy anyway.

I want a tube amp, no question about that. Also, I'll buy used. Closest city Turku, Finland. I am not going to list favorite bands, my taste ranges from jazz to grindcore. Mostly progressive metal and rock. Budget, 500 euros at max

The reason I made a new thread is that I ignored a huge part of the used market, and now there are a lot of new amps for sale near me.

So, here are the best candidates:

Fender Blues Junior, 320 euros
Bogner Alchemist, price unknown at the moment
Bogner Alchemist head, 500 euros
Peavey Triple X head, 500 euros
Laney Lionheart head, 400 euros
Laney LC30, 450 euros
Peacey Classic 50, 400 euros
Egnater Tweaker, 400 euros

I don't need a complete analysis on every single amp, I just highlighted the best amps in the used market and I am asking for some guiding opinion.

There was also a Sig:X for sale, I offered 500 euros and said that I'm poor :P Maybe the guy has a heart of gold. I wouldn't bet on it though.

EDIT: I meant Peavey Peacey is the new clean cousin of the high gain Peaveys :P
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Jun 21, 2013,
XXX will be one of the most versatile. the Bogner is nice as well though you won't get as metal as you used to have with that. laney Ironheart should be decent as well.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Quote by amatas83
XXX will be one of the most versatile. the Bogner is nice as well though you won't get as metal as you used to have with that. laney Ironheart should be decent as well.

The point was to get a little less metal But for the price the XXX is great. I have also heard a lot of good things about Bogners so I'm eager to hear how much the owner wants for it. And I did say Lionheart, not Ironheart right? Or I'm developing dementia.
Quote by guitar/bass95
The point was to get a little less metal But for the price the XXX is great. I have also heard a lot of good things about Bogners so I'm eager to hear how much the owner wants for it. And I did say Lionheart, not Ironheart right? Or I'm developing dementia.
It's not so bad, really.
Quote by ExDementia
It's not so bad, really.

I know. Or do I really? Actually I don't That's the best part about it.
The Bogner is a nice amp and it is pretty versatile

The XXX is OK at best (I'm not a big fan) the cleans are so-so and the gain is very compressed and very metal in sound.

If you can find a good deal on a Laney VH100, marshall JCM2000 DSL, Peavey JSX or Peavey Ultra give them a try
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The Bogner is a nice amp and it is pretty versatile

The XXX is OK at best (I'm not a big fan) the cleans are so-so and the gain is very compressed and very metal in sound.

If you can find a good deal on a Laney VH100, marshall JCM2000 DSL, Peavey JSX or Peavey Ultra give them a try

I'll keep looking Yeah, I think I'll settle with a combo (if the Sig:x guy doesn't accept my offer :P) so opinions on those are appreciated.