Page 1 of 2
Happy Go Skateboarding Day!!! June 21 2013! For the skaters and long boarders here, what are your plans for today, and how are you going to celebrate the one day dedicated to skateboarding?

Im probably going to hit up the skate park closest to my house, then probably go skate at a big skate park downtown, then long board for a couple of hours in the city with some friends.

Shred it, UG!

I ride a:
atm deck
jessup grip
bones hardware
krux trucks
bones reds bearings
betterkskateboarding wheels (cheap and last a very long time--- highly recommended)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Jun 21, 2013,
pics if you break something ok?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
FK THE POLICE

THEY'RE GANG CONTROL

but srsly, have fun. It's a chill day for chill hangs and chill skate seshs. backside flip a nine and roll away like a boss.
Stopped skating when I was like 16. I do still have most of my bike parts so I've been thinking about riding again. Skating is too boring to me.

When I did skate though this was usually my setup

Deck- Either enjoi, Or what I think was minilogo. My local zumiez always had a big bin of them for 20 bucks. No point in spending an extra 50 for a graphic.

Grip- shorty's black magic

Trucks- Krux

Wheels- Whatever really as long as they were no bigger than 52mm

Bearings- Bones Red always.
Last edited by Wormholes at Jun 21, 2013,
Skateboarding is for steers and queers
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by CaptainRon
A large portion of my city is underwater so I'd rather not.

Shit that sucks. Hope it stops soon
cat
Quote by CaptainRon
A large portion of my city is underwater so I'd rather not.

Shit dude, you're in Calgary? How are things down there? I live about 4 hours away and we got hammered by rain pretty bad too but not as bad as Canmore or Calgary
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by Wormholes
Stopped skating when I was like 16. I do still have most of my bike parts so I've been thinking about riding again. Skating is too boring to me.

Ha, yeah. Skateboarding does get boring after a while, especially when your friends stop skating for stupid things like weed, drugs, etc. Most of my friends don't even skate anymore, but the ones that do are mainly longboarders, lol. Bmx is pretty tight, though, I might get into it soon
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

I hate skateboarders. I just walked by a bunch.

Every day that it's not raining at least 20 of the hideous, odious little lot come down and cause a fucking racket outside the ruins of the Cathedral, destroyed in WWII. There's numerous signs up saying you can't skate there but nobody seems assed to bother moving the wannabe thugs
All the skaters should try getting in to the Uni they spend their days riding around. Of all the groups I'll work myself in to a rage over like I'm David Mitchell, skaters are the easiest to do it with.
It just takes a good while of genuine effort before you can do a lot with it. Like, it took me a while to learn just how to kickflip, never mind using it as I go around with other tricks in a line.
Quote by willT08
I hate skateboarders. I just walked by a bunch.

Every day that it's not raining at least 20 of the hideous, odious little lot come down and cause a fucking racket outside the ruins of the Cathedral, destroyed in WWII. There's numerous signs up saying you can't skate there but nobody seems assed to bother moving the wannabe thugs

Yeah, they shouldn't be skating there anyways. Im not like that. I only skate in places im aloud to, like neighborhood parks, skate parks, sidewalks in the city, etc. I used to have friends that were like that, and when an old man would ask them to leave or something they would start acting like a bunch on ******s,. They give skaters a bad reputation.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Shit dude, you're in Calgary? How are things down there? I live about 4 hours away and we got hammered by rain pretty bad too but not as bad as Canmore or Calgary

Eh. I may have exaggerated a bit. Most of the city is fine. A large part of the downtown is a disaster and a few bridges got destroyed. The Saddledome is submerged to the 10th row so I'd say 20 or so feet above the ice.
Quote by k.lainad
Yeah, they shouldn't be skating their anyways. Im not like that. I only skate in places im aloud to,

what's the fun in that? the best spots are the ones you end up getting kicked out of.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I don't mind them back in my hometown because they're all just punk kids harmlessly falling on their collective faces in the pathetic little bowl they made the council piss away money on whilst they closed the library.

But considering the symbolic significance of those ruins to the whole of the UK, especially the poor, I honestly hate every one of them that are down the road right now. Fuckwits who are either too dumb to realize what they're doing, or too big a cunt to stop if they do.
church doctrine should be abolished. at least some good is coming out of some shit heap ruins.
Quote by neidnarb11890
sorry, but what special significance do the ruins of a cathedral have to the poor?

Because they're in Coventry. This city was the hub of industrial Britain, the poor that worked in the factories here played a huge part in the war effort. Subsequently, the Nazis absolutely battered this place with air raids. Nigh on leveled the whole city. Those ruins stand there as the last real visual reminder in the city of what the poor did here and throughout the North to help the war effort and the horror they endured in their homes because of just how amazing they were.

Now to sit in the ruins and think back on what happened there means I have to listen to a bunch of twats roll around.

EDIT: There's nothing good about destroyed places of worship. Even though you were joking, I know people really think that shit
Last edited by willT08 at Jun 21, 2013,
at least be happy they aren't directly affecting you. The bus stop I use to get home from work is right next to a skatepark and a school which is known for insufferably obnoxious kids. (well, all the people I knew from that school were like that and my opinion is shared by many)
Anyway instead of using the skatepark like normal people they go whooshing through the bus stop, which is always quite crowded to begin with, run over people's feet/bags, and have caused me to miss my bus literally dozens of times because they come out of nowhere one after another and I can't get past them and by then the bus has left so I have to wait half an hour for the next bus because its the only one that gets me home and it has to be like the rarest bus in Singapore or something since I never see it by accident and I always have to wait a horrendously long time for it and it's always crowded because its the only bus for a lot of other people too but they haven't upgraded it yet so there isn't a lot of standing room

anyways I don't hate all skaters just those stupid annoying ones
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jun 21, 2013,
Quote by willT08
Because they're in Coventry. This city was the hub of industrial Britain, the poor that worked in the factories here played a huge part in the war effort. Subsequently, the Nazis absolutely battered this place with air raids. Nigh on leveled the whole city. Those ruins stand there as the last real visual reminder in the city of what the poor did here and throughout the North to help the war effort and the horror they endured in their homes because of just how amazing they were.

Now to sit in the ruins and think back on what happened there means I have to listen to a bunch of twats roll around.

EDIT: There's nothing good about destroyed places of worship. Even though you were joking, I know people really think that shit

You're supposed to let go of the past though. You don't see any concentration camps left in Germany.
i ride: your mother

nah i'm a mountain biker, i rock a Marin.

but a few of my mates have deathwishes/ride skateboards.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You're supposed to let go of the past though. You don't see any concentration camps left in Germany.

the concentration camps weren't really in germany... they were in Poland, Austria and other surrounding countries
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
the concentration camps weren't really in germany... they were in Poland, Austria and other surrounding countries

exactly, because germany was able to let go and move on. all of those other countries should do the same.
wow, this thread just went to shit. Who want's to revive it?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

In Norway we have skateboards without wheels and we use them on snow.

we call them wintertimeboards.
I rode mine down to the corner donut shop and back this morning. I participated!

Also it is a lot of fun dodging traffic with an iced coffee and a sack of pastries.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I rode mine down to the corner donut shop and back this morning. I participated!

Also it is a lot of fun dodging traffic with an iced coffee and a sack of pastries.

YUS!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I used to skate a little bit but now I just mountain bike.

There's no skateparks or anything around me so teens just skate around the town. But if they build a skatepark I might get a BMX.
Quote by k.lainad
Ha, yeah. Skateboarding does get boring after a while, especially when your friends stop skating for stupid things like weed, drugs, etc. Most of my friends don't even skate anymore, but the ones that do are mainly longboarders, lol. Bmx is pretty tight, though, I might get into it soon

weed > skateboarding
longboarding ≥ skateboarding

sorry bud that's the way it is

skateboarding is fun tho
you're a stone fox
I haven't thought about go skateboarding day in years. I mostly just use a little banana board I have as a means of transportation across campus.
I must've been 14 the last time I skated. I was ****ing shite at it and too scared of injuring myself to learn tricks; watching my mate smash his wrist to pieces put me off.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Actually went skating today and didn't even realise that go skating day was today. Started skating again in March/April and pretty much go a few times a week now. I also prefer longboards when going on really long journeys which me and my friends do a lot so I'm saving up for one at the moment.

Happy go skateboarding day!
Quote by zincabopataurio
I haven't thought about go skateboarding day in years. I mostly just use a little banana board I have as a means of transportation across campus.

I have one of those. A penny board too. The're great for getting around school, campus, town. GOTTA LOVE 'EM The only thing i hate is that riding a penny has become a fashion trend for hipsters and posers. I hate when they ride around school and in the hallways in little gangs, trying to act cool.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Page 1 of 2