What's up everyone? I'm looking to get a new distortion or OD pedal. I'm in a ska band currently, but we get pretty heavy at times i.e. like this. So I'm looking for something able to give me tones that can do that and also run typical brighter ska distortion sounds. I play through a Crate Palomino V50. Price range could go up to $200 but I'd prefer under $150.
If you can afford 200$ you could buy a Klone v2 from arc effects wchich is like the best overdrive pedal.

If you can't, maybe a Mad Professor factory made pedal. Or a Fulltone OCD.
Quote by ExDementia
Not a fan of ska really, but I actually liked that song quite a bit.

I don't think the OCD has quite enough gain for that kind of thing. Maybe an Amptweaker TightRock pedal. Those can do anything from light rock to metal pretty well.

Thanks man!
I've looked up a bunch of demos of the Klone, never really saw anything where it got too heavy is the problem. Do you think it can pull off the heavier tones?
Also, checked out the tightrock. I'm gonna try to find some places near me to actually try them out.
Try a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde. It's an OD and a distortion in one, and they both sound killer.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
Proco rat
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣