hello guys!
I'm starting to play guitar and online I have seen the BC Rich ironbird. new it costs about 350€. I found it used for 200€, most of the time you can get them for 180€ or so. I could have the chance to try it out. what do you think? http://www.subito.it/vi/67391769.htm
^ Way to help the guy.
There are better guitars out there around that price point.

Answer these questions and we can help ya out.

Budget?

Favourite Artists?

Preferences (Shape etc)?

Pickups (Active or passive)?

New or Used?

Location?

Current gear?
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
budget: 300€ (guitar+amp)
favourite artists: heaven shall burn, amon amarth, children of bodom, in flames, iron maiden, caliban, black sabbath, as I lay dying, metallica...
preferences: i don't like the les pauls stlye
pickups: probably are humbuckers the best for my music stlye
new or used: doesn't matter
current gear: nothing (it would be the guitar to start playing)
Last edited by Jayerrr at Jun 21, 2013,
Save up longer and get something like this. Find one used.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_sgspecialfaded_wc.htm

Or a used Epiphone LP Standard.

And a Fender Mustang 2 for your amp. If you find them used that could be done for around 500-600 Euro. Those cheap BC Rich's are shocking.

You'll be hard pressed to find anything decent on your budget if you need an amp too.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jun 21, 2013,
the fact is not that I don't have the money avaliable right now. I just would not like to spend too much, because I'm starting. I don't wanna have a 100€ crap though, because playing on there would be torture.
300 euros? That's like $450. You could get a used Epiphone G-400 for $300 and a Peavey Vypyr 30 for $150.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
300€ is like 300$ because of import taxes. if something costs 100$ in the usa, it will cost 100€ here in europe.
Then save up until you get 450 euros. You will not find a good guitar for $200. Although you could scan Craigslist until you find something good? I've seen some good guitars for $200, but the owner probably had no idea how to price guitars.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
Then save up until you get 450 euros. You will not find a good guitar for $200. Although you could scan Craigslist until you find something good? I've seen some good guitars for $200, but the owner probably had no idea how to price guitars.

We don't have Craigslist in Europe and the prices are very different here. Don't think that it's just a matter of converting currency, there's lots of import taxes etc.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
We don't have Craigslist in Europe and the prices are very different here. Don't think that it's just a matter of converting currency, there's lots of import taxes etc.

There is Craigslist in Europe, but not too many people use it, I don't think.

Anyways, for the Sabbathy metal sound you'll want to be looking for an Epiphone SG or Les Paul.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
There is Craigslist in Europe, but not too many people use it, I don't think.

It's not even worth mentioning. No one uses it.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

You won't get a good guitar and amp with 300EUR.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
used is also good. i just found a decent one (yamaha Rgx121z and fender mustang) for 280€ used
There's no limit man... Not appropriate lol? It's not a wedding speech.

You're more likely to stick with something if you've invested more in it. If you're enthusiastic and eager then you might as well get something decent.

But whatever, if you buy something crap you'll end up spending more money in a few months when you come to the same conclusion.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Jayerrr
used is also good. i just found a decent one (yamaha Rgx121z and fender mustang) for 280€ used

No, the Yamaha isn't great. For a little bit more you can get a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard. If you can save up a little bit more for the Mustang 2 you'll be better off.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to get a much better guitar with a little bit more money.

Obviously you know better, so do what you want. Good luck!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

One of the big reasons new players quit after a short time is because they pick up a guitar that sounds awful, feels awful, has sharp fret ends, poor intonation, won't stay in tune, metal parts corrode, pots get scratchy and unusable, switches stop working right, the jack gets loose, the neck bows... It's discouraging. Why play when the guitar won't cooperate?

A poor instrument is a chore to play. A good instrument is a joy to play. It makes a world of difference when learning to have something that's decent.

The guitars being suggested here aren't exactly top dollar, either. In fact they're budget guitars. They're guitars that would be recommended to any new player. That's because once you get under a certain amount, quality goes to the dogs.