after some thinking(wrongful probably), i decided to down-size my guitar inventory. so over the last 2 months i've managed to sell,auction for charity and give away 18 guitars.
i kept my trusty Adamas 2080sr of course, that's still my favorite, the newly aquired 2013 Taylor 616ce spring ltd, and the '08 Taylor hot rod.(another 616 based Taylor is in the works with the woods having been selected today)
i stood in the guitar room(which miraculously looks again like a basement with some hooks on the walls) after i got back from shipping out the last one today( my Ovation 1778T with the custom US flag painted on it...auctioned to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project) and realized how naked it looks now. it made me think back to oh... not so long ago when it looked this way before being given my first one in my team member's last will and testament( he left something for everyone in our team to help follow our dream....still have that one too). whether i'm going to convert it to a man-cave(which is what my whole house is anyway) or restock it, i'm not sure. it's just a lonely looking room now.
not really sure where this story's going but i thought i'd share it.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
it's super nice of you to donate some of the proceeds to charity, but thinking of your empty room makes me sad. on the other hand, hopefully you'll get to at least partially restock it, and ill have all the fun of finding new guitars - and if you get less of them than you had before, you could have more guitars AND a mancave.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
it's a sad feeling. i had a LOT of fun collecting them. with my talent level, probably more fun aquiring than playing ! maybe i'll get some really really BIG guitars, make up for quantity with volume !!! maybe i'll work on making it a more acoustic friendly environment. for that i'll need some advice from you guys.
looking at the emptiness made me reflect on how my thoughts/experience has changed since i started building it. my tastes have changed in sound quality, but i think that went with my experience level.
When I saw the title , (basically), "Going Gone", I thought you had gotten touch with your feminine side and uploaded a Kathy Mattea cover(*).....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFb4tg9vUGU

Oh come on Step, at least listen! Not only that, but you get to use your expensive capo.

(@3rd fret, the song's in F, using key of D shapes).

(*) Which is really a Nancy Griffith cover. I guess that would add the 3rd "going"...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jun 21, 2013,
Well Step, you will have to change your signature to "Need more gear need more talent"
Perhaps I should come over and rearrange your man cave.
For a start we will replace that flag with a United Nations one. Then just to show we are multi culturial we shall go buy some Jap Taki's, and some German Amps, and some New Zealand Beer. Hell I could have fun spending your US dollars. Cheers
I was trying to cobble some sort of clever remark together based on the ancient "Have Gun, Will Travel" series, starring Richard Boone as "Paladin". Couldn't get it off the ground.....
all good tuxsy ! except i'm allergic to the UN. most useless orginaization i've ever seen.
and cranky...i tend to shy away from women with really bushy mullets ! until the 3rd verse i thought it was a billy ray cyrus video !
Quote by stepchildusmc
all good tuxsy ! except i'm allergic to the UN. most useless orginaization i've ever seen.
The UN is not useless! It gives Engilsh as a 2nd language speakers with exotic accents, a chance to delude themselves into believing they matter....
Quote by stepchildusmc
and cranky...i tend to shy away from women with really bushy mullets ! until the 3rd verse i thought it was a billy ray cyrus video !
You're lucky I didn't upload a picture of Billie Ray's kid with one side of her head shaved.