I'm trying to play a weird progression I wrote; Am7, C6, Emin7, like this

--5----------0----------7-----
--5----------8----------8-----
--5----------9----------7-----
--5----------7----------9-----
--7----------0----------7-----
--5----------8----------7-----
  Am7       C6           Em7

I can play the chords well enough, but switching between them is a real pain, especially the fiddly C6. Is there any good method to get used to this? I can't seem to just play it slowly, in the same way I'd practice a lick by slowing it down. Any advice?
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
slow it down to a point where you CAN play it, doing that usually works for me.
So the uncommon shape here is the C6.
It's like when you learned open chords - and used 5 seconds to change from D to C - all over again. It comes with practice

Try different fingerings until you find the more efficient switch... I'd use either of these (descending from Low E)

Am7 - 1 2 (to have 3 ready elsewhere)
C6 - 3 1 4 2 /2 1 4 3
Em7 - 1 3 2 /1 4 3
I tried a fair few fingerings, but that seems the most efficient way to do it, in my mind. I was using 3 instead of 2 on the Am7, but otherwise, that's the fingering I'm using Fanapathy. Truth be told, I don't actually remember how it was back when I learned my open chords, though I'm certain I struggled like everyone else.

My problem is, I can't seem to work out 'how' to do it slowly, if that makes sense; all I seem to be doing is just playing one chord then the next, rather than practicing moving between them. Maybe I just need to keep at it, but it feels like I'm not really learning the change, I'm not sure.
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.