Poll: Do you have good posture?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have good posture?
Yes
36 37%
No
61 63%
Voters: 97.
Page 1 of 2
Do you have good posture?
I've recently been trying to improve mine after reading about how much of an effect it can have on body language and self confidence, and I've been getting comments that I look taller, so I guess it's working.
I still have to work on my sitting posture though.
I think I generally have pretty good posture unless I'm really tired and then I'll start to slump over a bit. What specifically did you read about postures effect on body language and from where?
Yes, very. The sitting posture is a killer though. It's so easy to subconsciously start slouching.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
No. I think I will eventually get a bad back and neck because of it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I take the whole 'I don't care' approach

I'll sit there for hours on end entirely the wrong way up, just because I can't be bothered to move
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I usually stand with my back straight with my head held high and my chest out a bit.

My sleeping posture is absolute shit. My neck is all messed up after last night. ;_;
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
no, no i do not
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I have great standing posture but I always end up sitting funny in chairs. Being tall and having a pidgeon chest doesn't help, I just can't seem to fix it.

When I look over into my mirror from my comp chair I am just so slouched most of the time.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
What specifically did you read about postures effect on body language and from where?

Pretty much every other article on Girlchase mentions it.
Quote by garden of grey
Being tall and having a pidgeon chest doesn't help,

Cool I used to have the opposite of that
I stand weird. I don't hunch forward but I lean back. Being tall is weird.

I also sit terribly.
\

we all need this.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by genghisgandhi
Pretty much every other article on Girlchase mentions it.

Do they cite any legit studies or is it mostly just conjecture? I don't doubt that it's important because I make judgments on people based in part on their posture before I ever meet/talk to them but I'm curious if any real research has been done.
Standing I'm fine. In an armchair I tend to slump down sometimes. And if I'm sitting on a bench or something I usually lean forward.
Quote by k.lainad
\

we all need this.

thats the reason kensai isn't here anymore bro
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Do they cite any legit studies or is it mostly just conjecture? I don't doubt that it's important because I make judgments on people based in part on their posture before I ever meet/talk to them but I'm curious if any real research has been done.

Just like every other article on there, no, but I think it's true. I know I judge people based on body language, especially what they do with their arms, and how much they're slouching.
It used to be kinda off but once I started running and lifting a lot it's gotten much better.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Mine is circumstantial. If I'm sitting around it's really bad. If I'm playing sax or working on something serious, I have good sitting posture. Standing is alright I guess.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My sitting posture is below what it should be, but better than a lot of what I see from other people. My standing posture is normally okay but I have problems with my shoulders specifically. They tend to tense up (especially when sitting down) but it feels completely normal to me so I don't notice.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Just like every other article on there, no, but I think it's true. I know I judge people based on body language, especially what they do with their arms, and how much they're slouching.

What can I do with my arms to keep you from judging me?
Once this old lady told me how smooth I looked when I walk does that count?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I have pretty good standing posture. Sitting is another story.

As far as bad posture goes, I really pick up on "forward head."

If I see I guy with that posture, usually accompanied by slumped shoulders and unkepmt hair, I feel like I could direct and control any interaction we have.

Tip for those working on proper standing posture: Going from slouching to proper chest out, shoulders back posture feels like your trying to be a douchey prick. It's not, just look in a mirror and you'll see that you look normal.

EDIT: If you have decent pecs than this problem goes away, because you want to show them off. I started working out a bit and got a bit more definition (nothing to brag about) and I found myself just doing it naturally much more often.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jun 21, 2013,

Theres a wikipedia article on it...

I have good posture, but that's not always true when I'm sitting down. I try my best when I'm sitting down because I don't want a hunchback. It comes naturally when standing thanks to years of ballet and generally good self confidence. And formidable grandmother who would force me to sit straight. Not that I mind, cos I have good posture.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by rockingamer2
I have pretty good standing posture. Sitting is another story.

As far as bad posture goes, I really pick up on "forward head."

If I see I guy with that posture, usually accompanied by slumped shoulders and unkepmt hair, I feel like I could direct and control any interaction we have.

Tip for those working on proper standing posture: Going from slouching to proper chest out, shoulders back posture feels like your trying to be a douchey prick. It's not, just look in a mirror and you'll see that you look normal.

EDIT: If you have decent pecs than this problem goes away, because you want to show them off. I started working out a bit and got a bit more definition (nothing to brag about) and I found myself just doing it naturally much more often.

I walk like the right picture, but my nek has grown a bit in that way, can't help it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
My pops would slap me upside the head if I didn't have good posture, so I developed it.
My posture is horrible. After years of slouching while play guitar and playing video games I'm pretty much ****ed.

I'm sure being overweight doesn't help either, but I'll be changing that soon.

Edit: I just noticed one of the problems is that my monitor is too low. I NEED to hunch over to look at it directly. I need to raise that monitor up about 6 inches so I can sit up straight.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Jun 21, 2013,
i had a bit of a bad habit with it a few years ago just so i wouldnt smack my head on things. i have fixed that now, my posture is proper and magnificent now.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i had a bit of a bad habit with it a few years ago just so i wouldnt smack my head on things. i have fixed that now, my posture is proper and magnificent now.

although sitting not so much since i sit or lay for maximum comfort. rarely does that coincide with perfect posture. i believe that sitting with perfect posture makes you look very frigid, formal, and uninviting. chill out, kick back and actually relax so people can truly be at ease around you bro. lifes short yolo keep is comfy.
My posture is much better than it used to be, but not great. I try my best to have good posture, but slip up so I guess I middle.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
My posture is much better than it used to be, but not great. I try my best to have good posture, but slip up so I guess I middle.

Gotta get on top of that man. Good posture, super-moderator on the largest guitar-tablature website's forum, that's the full package man.
I think my back arches back a little more than it should, causing my head to look a little more forward than I'd like, but my posture doesn't really look awkward or weird so it's a'ight.

Quote by Burgery
thats the reason kensai isn't here anymore bro

What exactly happened to Kensai?
I tend to slouch when I'm sitting down. I guess it makes me feel more relaxed. Standing I have decent posture though.
My posture used to be complete shit.
It's still not great, but I'm working on it.

I never had good posture, and I think I can attribute that to very low self-esteem. I've noticed that I've started taking more pride in myself recently, and my posture is getting better. Still not great because of how conditioned I am to slouching, plus I'm still dealing with some issues, but baby-steps, you know?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I don't think so. I thought I stood pretty straight until some people on here told me how ugly I am.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Page 1 of 2