Greetings,

I've gathered the following gear over the years:

Jackson Dinky DKMGT (EMG 81/85 version)
Peavey 6505+ 1x12
EHX Little Big Muff
Behringer Chorus Pedal
nuX Time Core Delay

Now I feel like something important is missing in my rig. I'm thinking about getting a noise gate to kill the obvious constant buzzing I get, but don't know which model to acquire. Also, should I get another kind of pedal to equilibrate the sound? What kind of pedals or mods would you get to maximize the quality of the sound?

I'm into Drone/Stoner Doom and Death metal stuff right now, B standard tuning, and I feel satisfied with the wall of sound I get with the 6505+Big Muff combo (With the Lead channel! Yes, I like it that loud), so additional distortion/overdrive isn't needed at all :p

Cheers!
Last edited by Crazyfox82 at Jul 22, 2013,
Maybe a delay pedal?
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
An EQ pedal wouldn't go amiss. Be nice to tidy your tone up a bit more depending on how you want it.

Delay pedal too?
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by Crazyfox82
Greetings,

I've gathered the following gear over the years:

Jackson Dinky DKMGT (EMG 81/85 version)
Peavey 6505+ 1x12
EHX Little Big Muff
Behringer Chorus Pedal (Yes, I know :p)

Now I feel like something important is missing in my rig. I'm thinking about getting a noise gate to kill the obvious constant buzzing I get, but don't know which model to acquire. Also, should I get another kind of pedal to equilibrate the sound? What kind of pedals or mods would you get to maximize the quality of the sound?

I'm into Drone/Stoner Doom and Death metal stuff right now, B standard tuning, and I feel satisfied with the wall of sound I get with the 6505+Big Muff combo (With the Lead channel! Yes, I like it that loud), so additional distortion/overdrive isn't needed at all :p

Cheers!

Post pics of your rig.

A noise gate and delay would be solid options depending on what you want. You really have the basics of what you need for your sound, anything else will just be icing on the cake so to speak.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Get an MXR 10-band EQ. You'll be surprised how bad you hate your old tone once you dial it in.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
ISP makes some nifty noise gates. Delay, as mentioned.

No wah pedal?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
No tubescreamer?

Maybe a jcm800-type amp a la Laney Pro-Tube.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
boost - tubescreamer varient/timmy (i owuld go for the timmy)

EQ - MXR 10 band EQ (that is industry standard)

noise gate - isp or ns-2

delay - if analog malekko 616 or carbon copy, if digital look into some of TC electronics products

wah - i swear by my fulltone, but if you are on the cheap pick up a used crybaby for $30 and look into modding it. i have heard of several simple mods that can do quite a bit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hey again,

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I discovered some neat pedals thanks to you all.

I've a new pedal in my rig, a nuX Time Core Delay pedal. It was kind of a risky purchase because of the pedal reliability, but I really like the sound and the features of the dude. Also, I don't have the pennies for a DD7, for example

Anyway, I'm now looking forward to buy an EQ pedal (the MXR 10-EQ), a Noise Gate and a tuner pedal. What do you recommend under the Noise Gate/Reduction good price-quality pedals category? And Tuner pedal?
I recommend:

-MXR 10-Band
-MXR Smart Gate
-Korg Pedal Tune

All great quality, and inexpensive!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Tube Screamer
some kind of delay
maybe compression/a new chorus
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Crazyfox82
Hey again,

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I discovered some neat pedals thanks to you all.

I've a new pedal in my rig, a nuX Time Core Delay pedal. It was kind of a risky purchase because of the pedal reliability, but I really like the sound and the features of the dude. Also, I don't have the pennies for a DD7, for example

Anyway, I'm now looking forward to buy an EQ pedal (the MXR 10-EQ), a Noise Gate and a tuner pedal. What do you recommend under the Noise Gate/Reduction good price-quality pedals category? And Tuner pedal?

As far as I know, Boss TU-2 tuner is very popular, I think that it's the top selling Boss pedal actually.

MXR Smart Gate, ISP Decimator, Boss NS-2 are noise gates which are very popular and worth taking a look at.
Boss TU-3
Boss NS-2
Danelectro Fish & Chips or MXR 10 Band
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X