15 88%
Voters: 17.
I'm planning to buy a new guitar next month (July), and I'm choosing between
1. Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH

2. Fender Telecaster Thinline Super Deluxe

My current gear set-up:
1. Squier Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster 3TS
2. Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

I want to upgrade my set or just simply buy a new guitar, we'll be going to Hong Kong, and I think that the guitars there would be cheaper or discounted, etc. I don't want to miss this opportunity. What do you think will be the best guitar to buy for Jazz, Blues and Funk? Although, I will try what's best for me when I'm at the guitar shop, I just want to know your opinions about this.

EDIT: The CP Jaguar Special HH is made in Mexico, while the Tele Thinline SD is made in Japan.
Last edited by politicalparty at Jun 21, 2013,
Thinline, for sure. Absolutely the thinline. I had one of those Jaguars.

Had.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Gorgomoth
This threads ams dildos. Why woulds you plays thats grandpas guitars?

Yeah, he should deffo get a used Schecter/Ibanez/Jackson/Charvel with a flat 24 fret neck and a floyd.

I'd go for the Thinline because I love the look of it and those pickups. Not sure whether a neck HB would suit better if you play lots of jazz though.
Got it:
Pacifica 604w, Hohner G3T, PRS SE Soapbar I, Schecter Ultra I
Fender 'evil' Twin, Marshall 2554 combo
i love how you specified what next month was. that made me chuckle. do a lot of guitarists still use the julian calendar or something? I mean I know guitarists are pretty conservative, but that's ridiculous

I haven't tried either, but personally i'd get the japanese one, assuming prices are comparable. if the japanese one is more expensive, then it's a personal judgement call, really.

also personal preference and what type(s) of music you play will play a pretty big part, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 22, 2013,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i love how you specified what next month was. that made me chuckle. do a lot of guitarists still use the julian calendar or something? I mean I know guitarists are pretty conservative, but that's ridiculous
Just clocked that

Personally, I would steer towards the Thinline if it's MIJ but if you're going to get the chance to try both (maybe even other guitars), then you may as well ttry them out for yourself then decide.
Quote by Emperor's Child
Just clocked that

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?