Page 1 of 2
Hi Everyone

Im just back from the cinema to see World War Z.I wasnt overly impressed.Not a terrible film but not brilliant in my eyes.I dont want to say too much as i dont want to ruin it for folk who are going to see it.

Anyone else see it and what do you think of it?

Remember dont add any spoilers please.

Thanks
It looks very far from the book so I don't care.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Musicforyou17
America needs to get over it's zombie craze

The book was good, the movie looks okay.

If they would have done it correctly (I heard they had to scrap what they had and start over) then it would have been a good zombie movie compared to the other recent ones. Multiple perspectives with more of a story telling style than a horror feel.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It looks and sounds very mediocre. World War Z? The title alone is cringeworthy.

Should I watch it?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662
It looks and sounds very mediocre. World War Z? The title alone is cringeworthy.

Should I watch it?

Just read the book.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jjfeu662

Should I watch it?

Like i said its aint awful but its nothing new.The bit on the plane was just daft.You will know what i mean if you see it.
Quote by Musicforyou17
America needs to get over it's zombie craze

The book was good, the movie looks okay.

it was vampires, now zombies, I predict werewolfs next
One of my faults is i have high expectations on films.Iron man 3 wasnt great in my eyes either.I can be hard to please at times.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If they would have done it correctly (I heard they had to scrap what they had and start over) then it would have been a good zombie movie compared to the other recent ones. Multiple perspectives with more of a story telling style than a horror feel.

That;s what made the book stand out for me. Knowing that they scrapped it, I don't really want to see it anymore.

Quote by ehbacon
it was vampires, now zombies, I predict werewolfs next

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Wolf_(2011_TV_series)

It wouldn't even be a problem but it's all being done badly, at least IMO.
Last edited by Musicforyou17 at Jun 21, 2013,
I predict fifty Wolfman remakes.

By the way, every zombie movie is a remake of Night of the Living Dead, no matter how written.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Edit:
@JJ

Warm Bodies? I would say it was different, more along the lines of Romeo & Juliet.
Last edited by Musicforyou17 at Jun 21, 2013,
Movie looks like absolute garbage and shame on Brad Pitt for participating in it. The book was good though
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Rossenrot
America has a craze with zombies, superheros, robots, sequels, prequels, remakes, and book adaptations, because Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and viewers don't care enough to take a chance on a new idea.

Yeah out of all of those its the remakes that annoy me the most.Evil dead remake was well below par.Ive a bad feeling about the robocop remake.Total recall remake was dire.
Where are my zombiefied civil war mermaid cross dresser adaptation of Moulin Rouge?

Also, I may pass on this movie and wait for dvd.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'm in the middle of the book. It's all right. Boring sometimes.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
I'm in the middle of the book. It's all right. Boring sometimes.

Yeah i havent read it i really only read books when im on holiday but my bookworm girlfriend gave up on it which isnt like her when reading a book.
Quote by Musicforyou17
Edit:
@JJ

Warm Bodies? I would say it was different, more along the lines of Romeo & Juliet.

Hybrid of NOTLD and Jomeo and Ruliet.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Saw it today, thought it was a good concept but pretty average. (Never read the book but I've heard it's nothing like it).

I thought the ending was particularly "meh" after everything that had happened in the film. They seemed to only tell 2/3rds of the story.
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

Quote by smittyanthrax
How about man of steel?Is that any good?Was intrested in seeing that.

Saw it last week, really good however it does seem to drag on a bit.
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

Quote by smittyanthrax

It's a remake of a remake of a remake of a comic book. I haven't seen it, but the odds are against it.
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by TMSmity95
Saw it last week, really good however it does seem to drag on a bit.

Yep that was my main concern.
Quote by jjfeu662
It's a remake of a remake of a remake of a comic book. I haven't seen it, but the odds are against it.

Well isnt the Dark Knight trilogy more or less the same and look how that turned out.
Quote by BladeSlinger
It looks very far from the book so I don't care.

Pretty much this. I'll catch it on Netflix in 8 months or so.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by smittyanthrax
Well isnt the Dark Knight trilogy more or less the same and look how that turned out.

+1
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

Quote by smittyanthrax

It was pretty good not fantastic or anything, but good. Go see This Is The End
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by jjfeu662

Your thought process is astounding.

Honestly I really liked it, lots of action and it gives you a deeper look on things.
Quote by WCPhils
It was pretty good not fantastic or anything, but good. Go see This Is The End

Pahahaha Seth Rogen.No thanks im out.Cant stand that fat ****.
Quote by daytripper75
Still a bit annoyed that it's set in Philadelphia, but they filmed it in Scotland.

Well im from Scotland and im pretty near Glasgow and i was incredibly proud that it was shot in Glasgow.Even tho i didnt really rate the film when i saw George Square i had a smile on my face.Our Highlands in particular are stunning.
Quote by smittyanthrax
Hi Everyone

Im just back from the cinema to see World War Z.I wasnt overly impressed.Not a terrible film but not brilliant in my eyes.I dont want to say too much as i dont want to ruin it for folk who are going to see it.

Anyone else see it and what do you think of it?

Remember dont add any spoilers please.

Thanks

Yeah but you recognised george square and the surrounding streets, right?

edit: didn't see your previous post before writing this
that's the only reason I'll see it probably, not a fan of zombie films generally
I heard that the book was really good, so the film has a lot to live up to
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jun 21, 2013,
Quote by Hydra150
Yeah but you recognised george square and the surrounding streets, right?

edit: didn't see your previous post before writing this
that's the only reason I'll see it probably, not a fan of zombie films generally

Theres my lastest post.

Well im from Scotland and im pretty near Glasgow and i was incredibly proud that it was shot in Glasgow.Even tho i didnt really rate the film when i saw George Square i had a smile on my face.Our Highlands in particular are stunning.
Quote by smittyanthrax

I'm mostly disappointed because they wanted to film in Philadelphia, but there were issues (I believe) between the city and the film makers.
Quote by smittyanthrax
Theres my lastest post.

yeah ...
Quote by daytripper75
I'm mostly disappointed because they wanted to film in Philadelphia, but there were issues (I believe) between the city and the film makers.

We were cheaper.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Page 1 of 2