Just wanted to do a test recording, so here is some improv/practice, slightly out of tune, mistakes and all lol.

https://soundcloud.com/badaml/i-rock-lmao

Feel free to post any questions or comments , but please be specific. Don't just post "You Suck", tell me why you think I suck lol.
Last edited by badaml at Jun 22, 2013,
Thanks for crit on my "Dragon" song.

Yeah, the backing track didn't sound really good. The drumbeat was too disco and the clean sound had bad quality and was a bit sloppy. There was some background noise. Also sometimes the soloing sounded too much like scales up and down.

But yeah, pretty good playing. You had some cool stuff here and there, though I don't think it's interesting enough for a 10 minute track. Yeah, I know it wasn't meant to be the best song ever. It's more like soloing over a backing track. But if you wanted to make it a song, maybe write a melody that you repeat a couple of times in the song and base your playing on it. And also write another part and have some variety on dynamics.

Cool playing overall.

BTW, how did you draw a conclusion that I had been playing for 2-3 years (was my playing that bad, lol )? Just curious.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
This was literally plugged directly into the mic input of my laptop using the built in sound recorder lol. Korg Pandora, using the jam function and built in drumbeat. As stated, it was more a test to see how it would record, and how the guitar would record. Sat down, plugged in, quick rhythm and started playing. Here are a few more that were done more as songs if you are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wr5bM2X1sc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqYyVREpcW0

As far as the playing time, it wasn't meant to be an insult, sorry if it was perceived that way. I came to that conclusion from a few different observations, primarily based on how things were put together and the execution. How long have you been playing?
Last edited by badaml at Jun 23, 2013,
Songwriting =/= playing skills. But whatever.

And I didn't really take it as an insult. It was meant to sound a bit generic. Otherwise we wouldn't have had the Maiden part there. As I said, it wasn't completely seriously made (as you can hear from my singing and the lyrics). Many times we write this kind of not-so-serious songs with my friend. We have another not-so-serious heavy metal song if you want to listen to it. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603638

And I haven't really been playing much longer than you guessed. 4 years.

Oh, and the latin style song was really cool. I like your playing. How long have you been playing?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Jun 23, 2013,
Thanks
Been playing for decades lol, on and off, some large gaps in my playing.
awesome tone and playing man, the drums do sound very dancey but its only a BT, overall youre an awesome guitarist haha, I couldnt listen to the full 10 minutes maybe cut the track down to 3? just an opinion great job!
Quote by Poisonouspot
awesome tone and playing man, the drums do sound very dancey but its only a BT, overall youre an awesome guitarist haha, I couldnt listen to the full 10 minutes maybe cut the track down to 3? just an opinion great job!

Thanks! This was recorded with a Schecter Damien Elite 7, stock pickups (EMG 81-7 and 85-7), a Korg Pandora PX5 straight into my laptop mic port and using the built in sound recorder lol. When I actually turn it into a song, it will be much shorter.

Also, when I go to record, I will probably mic my amp. Probably use a SM57, and my amp is a Blackstar. This recording was just for fun, to test how it would turn out for recording ideas when I practice.