Yes. It takes a fair while though. I wouldn't worry about it too much though because if it's really a problem, you can just re-satin the finish.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Any matte finish will turn glossy eventually because of the wear. A bit of fine steel wool will do the trick for you when it does.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

so it's no big deal? I'm looking to buy one used, but if I buy one with this I could just get it off with steel wool or eventually would the finish wear down too much? I don't mind the worn look but if it looks shit (like I think glossy would on a matte black finish) I wouldn't be happy.
I use the fine grade scotch-brite pads and then you don't have to worry about metal getting stuck to the pickups
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Used-to-be-matte gloss is badass. Don't worry about it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
ok. well they seem to be a pretty popular guitar that's been around for a while and I haven't heard anything about it before until now so that must mean something.
My Eclipse-I CTM has satin finish and the neck has became glossy and I love it! This is nothing like the thick poly finished glossy but more toward oil finished kind of glossy.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I had one for about a year and a half, gigged with it semi extensively, not big tours or anything though. Sweat all over it and gave it a good amount of use. After a nice wipedown there was no gloss or wear or anything so I don't think you have to worry for a long time
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!