This kind of sucks.
I use a desktop Pod HD as my interface, and I've had this problem for a long time, where sometimes, the sound would just crash and burn. Not just stop working, but grind to a complete halt. The VU meter in my system tray would freeze, and any program that was using the sound at the time would just stop dead. Switching to the on-board sound card wouldn't be an option, and I'd have to reboot.
It's become worse, bit by bit. Usually, it would only happen every few weeks, or even months. Now I can't even go a day without it freezing. And I'm not the only one. Click to see a Line 6 rep acknowledge that they know about it, and they're working on a fix- three years ago. I'm using the latest drivers, which, themselves, are a year old.
So, what should I do? Try to tough it out with my basically bricked black bean, or bite the bullet and upgrade to a real interface, like a Scarlett? I'm not too happy about the other solution, since I'm trying to save up for a BYO desktop, but if that's what it comes to, I could reluctantly leave my Pod as an outboard FX processor or something.
E: Third option: try to get everything to work on Linux. No way that'll ever happen, but it's worth a shot.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jun 22, 2013,
I have the same problem, apparently, it comes from the USB port.
I think that nobody has found how to fix it.
Usually I have the problem for 1 or 2 weeks, then it disappears, until the next update...