The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/481941/20130622/edward-snowden-charge-gchq-nsa-prism-whistleblower.htm

Britain's eavesdropping agency GCHQ is "worse" than the US's National Security Agency (NSA) when it comes to snooping on worldwide communications, says whistleblower Edward Snowden, who has been charged with espionage by US authorities for leaking details of the top-secret Prism programme.

The latest set of documents revealed by the Guardian indicate that the British agency was involved in widespread surveillance of internet and telephone communications across the world.

The report suggests that GCHQ was able to tap both civilians' and targeted suspects' communication systems by tapping fibre-optic cables. The agency, which runs the programme under the codename Tempora, also has the capacity to store the data it collects for up to 30 days, for analysis.

"It's not just a US problem. The UK has a huge dog in this fight. They [GCHQ] are worse than the US," Snowden said.

George Orwell was British, wasn't he? Oh dear, I think I can hear him turning in his grave.

Discuss how Britain is a nanny state.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Really glad I'm all the way over here where people have learned from fascist governments.

Philip_pepper likes this.
England is worse than America? Who knew...
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Well we already know newspapers were tapping people's phones, why is it surprising the government was too?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I seriously don't care. This "scandal" is so overblown.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I was wondering when somebody was going to bring this up....everyone be hatin' on America lately.
Quote by Philip_pepper

George Orwell was British, wasn't he?

Was that a serious question?
Funny how 1984 is seeping more and more into reality every day...

Heck, even Fahrenheit 451 is seeping into our daily lives for that matter, bringing Bradbury into the mix.

And to think they were written as warnings...
Read the title as "So you thought the NBA was bad?"

And thought to myself "Yes. Yes it is. I still think that."
News? People from up top are watching everything you do, call the press! Oh they're watching everything we do.

Not really surprising is it.

Quote by Rockford_rocks

Shhhhhh go back to sleep and remember to read the sun, vote for X-factor and eat Mr Brain's ******s.
Let's be honest, we all knew it was happening anyway. This is just confirmation of what everyone thought was going on.
]
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Preach it brother!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yeah the UK is totally a more dangerous government, if you're a badger living in the UK. We can kill people anywhere cheaply. And we do.

Yes, this is a competition.
You're all committing thoughtcrime, you know that?
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
You're all committing thoughtcrime, you know that?

Here come thinkpol.

Everyone get an alcove where the telescreen can't see you.
Quote by Malchius
Here come thinkpol.

Everyone get an alcove where the telescreen can't see you.

I actually really didn't like 1984. Everyone bangs on about how 'timeless' it is, but all the political stuff is so dry and heavy-handed. Maybe it was considered to be complex at the time, but there is no longer a shred of subtlety in the novel. I liked the idea and I respect it, but the pages where it is just extracts from the book or Party manifesto or whatever (haven't read it for a while) seemed completely unnecessary.

I haven't discussed this with anyone yet, though, so I could be persuaded.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
It's more in depth, involved, and more complicated than the average person thinks. It's as far as evolved as the superpowers having the ability and technology to digitally map certain peoples' thoughts whether you'd like to believe it or not.
Quote by Stugg334
I actually really didn't like 1984. Everyone bangs on about how 'timeless' it is, but all the political stuff is so dry and heavy-handed. Maybe it was considered to be complex at the time, but there is no longer a shred of subtlety in the novel. I liked the idea and I respect it, but the pages where it is just extracts from the book or Party manifesto or whatever (haven't read it for a while) seemed completely unnecessary.

I haven't discussed this with anyone yet, though, so I could be persuaded.

Yeah, dystopian literature mostly just runs together for me. I recently tried reading Brave New World, but could not get into it.

Fahrenheit 451 just seems more well written IMO, but it's been quite a while since I read anything like them, including them.

I'd rather just get hella stoned and watch the animated version of Animal Farm.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA