A friend of mine told me he downloaded a free version of FL Studio 10, and I'd like to do this but I'm a total torrenting n00b and have no idea what to do. I would be running out of a mac, thanks
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Quote by Dr.Tong
A friend of mine told me he downloaded a free version of FL Studio 10, and I'd like to do this but I'm a total torrenting n00b and have no idea what to do. I would be running out of a mac, thanks

Oh, this is going to be fun.
Quote by Dr.Tong
A friend of mine told me he downloaded a free version of FL Studio 10

Your friend is the reason the music industry is dying.
Quote by Dr.Tong
I'd like to do this

Instead of paying for it?
Quote by Dr.Tong
but I'm a total torrenting n00b and have no idea what to do.

Well, you'll have to figure out how to steal other people's work yourself; we have a no piracy policy.
Quote by Dr.Tong
I would be running out of a mac

Of course you would. That's why you can't afford any software to go with it.
Quote by Dr.Tong
thanks

Anytime. Always glad to help.

Serious version:

I guess I can understand why people will drop $2000 on a shiny new Mac, but not want to pay a cent for software. It's not physical; it's just ones and zeroes. But software is a tool too. You'll get plenty of use out of a good program, and if that's important to you, consider investing some money into it. FL Studio isn't just a more expensive version of Audacity or whatever. The pricier versions have a ton of really useful plugins, ranging from basic production essentials to nice synths (including bass and drum synths), along with a huge sample library. I have Signature Edition; trust me on this, it's a godsend.
If you're scared it won't turn out to be what you want, then get the demo. Demoing software is really easy. Just download and install a copy. If you like it, buy it; if you don't, uninstall it.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jun 22, 2013,
1.everyone is a n00b at some point, everyone has to learn

2.the music industry has been dead for a long time, and im sure you've illegally downloaded music before. if not, good for you, want a medal?

3.Yeah not everyone has $300 to drop

4.I'm just asking for instructions because many UG users are well versed in the art of torrenting.

5.It's a 2009 Macbook that I bought used for about $500. Needed it for school work.

6. Please don't assume

Thanks for the legit answer at the bottom though, every download I've tried ends up bringing up "TextEdit" and a whole lot of strange characters. Is this normal? If so what do I do with it? And I do appreciate these programs as tools, rather than non physical 1s and 0s unfortunately I am not financially equipped to buy the program, which I nearly desperately need because I'm being paid by a guy I know to produce some songs for him.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
I'm just going to pretend you didn't completely miss the point of everything I said.
Quote by Dr.Tong

Thanks for the legit answer at the bottom though, every download I've tried ends up bringing up "TextEdit" and a whole lot of strange characters. Is this normal? If so what do I do with it? And I do appreciate these programs as tools, rather than non physical 1s and 0s unfortunately I am not financially equipped to buy the program, which I nearly desperately need because I'm being paid by a guy I know to produce some songs for him.

This just gets better and better, doesn't it.
I'm not sure if you missed when I said we have a rule against advocating piracy on here, but we're not going to help you break the fucking law. End of story.
Besides, a good producer doesn't need a specific program to do something. Tools are tools, but if you're being paid, you're being paid for your skill in using them. If you don't have that skill, then that guy made a mistake in hiring you, and you made a bigger mistake in letting him hire you. And if you do, then what did you learn on? Use whatever that is instead. You've got GarageBand, right?
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jun 22, 2013,
Quote by Dr.Tong

3.Yeah not everyone has $300 to drop...

I am not financially equipped to buy the program.

I suggest you choose a cheaper hobby.

Or just get REAPER as it's only $60
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 22, 2013,
I didn't miss the point, I was asking about the demo download that you recommended...
I learned on my cousin's laptop that has Pro Tools (he's since moved away) and my schoo l's computers with Logic Pro. But school is out for summer.
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
You kinda did miss the point. The point that we're not going to help you pirate software because it's against the ethical and moral principles subscribed to by this forum. We pay for our software here.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by FireHawk
FL Studio isn't available for MAC...

Yup

OP, I'm not by any means anti-piracy (within reason).....certainly I've downloaded plenty of software and games to test em out where a demo isn't available. It's saved me from spending a fortune on stuff that turns out to be shit, and also got me on to stuff that I never would have considered buying originally. I've got more than 50 games in my steam library, many of which I downloaded from TPB first and decided deserved the money. So yeah....I'm not some internet white knight who thinks OMG STEALING IS BAD!!1

If there were no worthy alternatives available for cheap/free, I'd understand your arguments. However, you just sound like an entitled prick. This isn't a ****ing warez support forum, get out.
Pffft 50 steam games? NOOB xD

Quote by DisarmGoliath
UG is NOT your personal help service to illegally download software. End of story.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com