Page 1 of 2
I don't know if anyone has heard of this but I know there are a few Albertans in the pit that are probably dealing with this. This is calgary,

Our city was in a state of emergency but since I live up in the higher areas we didn't get evacuated although we did lose our power for a bit. It's all pretty surreal because you can't actually go anywhere to see the mess. Our entire downtown is just shut down.

So discuss local disasters?
Been watching it today man. Stay safe man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by blake1221
One time, it rained really hard here and it made it so I couldn't skateboard.

Tragic
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Tragic

But for real, hope you're alright. Flash floods are all we have to worry about here, but it hasn't rained that bad in years.
Calgary is located in a pretty safe spot so its really rare when shit like this happens. I'm just glad I'm up high. My friends neighborhood is underwater. I'll see if I can find a picture..

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Calgary is located in a pretty safe spot so its really rare when shit like this happens. I'm just glad I'm up high. My friends neighborhood is underwater. I'll see if I can find a picture..

Canada?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Weather in Ontario is fairly tame

EDIT: One time it rained so much that the sewer systems were overloaded and the ghetto area of town got flooded in shit.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Jun 22, 2013,
Red Deer has warnings, but I'm not seeing much here. It looks really nasty in Calgary though. It's pretty much all anyone is talking about here.
At least you don't live in a soup bowl 9ft below sea level that got hit by a hurricane in 2005...
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by DamienEx1021
At least you don't live in a soup bowl 9ft below sea level that got hit by a hurricane in 2005...

Most of the people here in my country live underneath sea level. The last big catastrophe was in 1953. We've built giant dykes and floodgates to prevent that from happening again. On top of that, we have massive sanddunes to keep the ocean at bay.

Sorry, but New Orleans had it coming with such terrible protection.
I'm an hour away from that, but it's getting bad where I live.

This is from the Saddledome in Calgary:

Quote by Lord_Doku
Most of the people here in my country live underneath sea level. The last big catastrophe was in 1953. We've built giant dykes and floodgates to prevent that from happening again. On top of that, we have massive sanddunes to keep the ocean at bay.

Sorry, but New Orleans had it coming with such terrible protection.

NO is full of giant dykes.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I've got family in Calagary, but luckily they're in higher spots so haven't been evacuated or anything. The last really bad flood we had here would've been '97, but I don't remember it that well.

Hopefully you and yours make out alright.
There's a guy from Calgary here on holiday and he said now he has to stay another week here in the Caribbean, oh well. Why I don't know, doubt the airport is flooded...actually shiiit that looks deep as hell
Last edited by Tempoe at Jun 22, 2013,
Quote by Redsectoreh
I'm an hour away from that, but it's getting bad where I live.

This is from the Saddledome in Calgary:

I was about to post that, looks terrible there. Hope it improves soon.
Living on a river has its benefits when it comes to weather drainage, but I've still seen my fair share of floods.

Has the weather cleared up? Hopefully at least some of it can be allowed to drain before anymore rain comes.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
It never really rained all that much here it was just the surrounding areas and all the water has to pass through.

EDIT: Just checked.. It's supposed to rain until Wednesday..
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Jun 22, 2013,
That's crazy.

I wonder how people get to hospital in these kinds of crises. And medical staff etc. What do those already at work do? Stay there?

Or do they get boats or something out to transport people in emergency situations?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Just north west of us, closer to the mountains they got a ton of rain in just a few days and now its coming down here and making a mess of shit etc.
"eh m8 look at all that water where do think it came from eh"

"eh i dont know probably the rain eh"

"eh ya m8 eh"

"eh"
Shit dude hope you are alright. I live about 4 hours away from you. We got hit pretty badly too but not nearly as bad as you guys or Canmore. My buddy John lives there and he is sending me some pretty crazy stories
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Jun 23, 2013,
Quote by FearMyLightning
"eh m8 look at all that water where do think it came from eh"

"eh i dont know probably the rain eh"

"eh ya m8 eh"

"eh"

-10/10

lrn 2 spaztiko m8

Damn bro that shit is crazy.

Stay safe.

Although I really can't help but think that if that happened in my area, that I'd get in our boat and ride along seeing if people needed help or anything.

Might as well, y'know?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Most of my country is under water, yet you don't see me complaining.

#dykes
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jun 23, 2013,
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Shit dude hope you are alright. I live about 4 hours away from you. We got hit pretty badly too but not nearly as bad as you guys or Canmore. My buddy John lives there and he is sending me some pretty crazy stories

I was actually wondering if that was the reason why you weren't posting as much.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
brb, stealing this thread title for an emo band name.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
brb, stealing this thread title for an emo band name.

Was just going to request TS to write a post-hardcore album called This City Is Underwater.
Quote by Mephaphil
That's crazy.

I wonder how people get to hospital in these kinds of crises. And medical staff etc. What do those already at work do? Stay there?

Or do they get boats or something out to transport people in emergency situations?

They use ropes, have thousands of fatalities, search for bodies afterwards and then build a sea wall. /Texan
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.
Quote by MinterMan22
-10/10

lrn 2 spaztiko m8

hitten u up m8 the only thing terribler than these fukn fluds was his bloody impreshuns like not evn rippa m8
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Was just going to request TS to write a post-hardcore album called This City Is Underwater.

Brb.

And yeah I'm pretty much stuck in my neighbourhood cause all the major roads out of here are shut down cause they cross the river.

Our mayor is handling this like what champ though. Ill pull up some quotes.
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Jun 23, 2013,
Page 1 of 2