Hey guys,

I'm looking at changing my strings on my RR5 (as they're nasty and old) and was hoping someone could give a bit of advice/ experience with different string brands and gauges.

On my omen-6 I've got EB Skinny tops/ Heavy bottoms. Now I like the .010 E string gauge I've go so I don't want to go away from that but the .052 low E string is a bit too thick so I was looking at a standard .010 - .046 set. I've been recommended to go for GHS Boomers 10s but then read online that they don't last long. I've heard good things about Dr and Elixirs. Any comments on these would be great.

I'm looking at keeping my guitar in standard E tuning so would 10 - 46 be a good choice?
Just buy some and try them, they're like $5 a packet.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I always seem to go back to D'Addarios. Try the EXL110, they're their 10 - 46 set.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Eppicurt
Just buy some and try them, they're like $5 a packet.

This is what I usually do if someone recommends a certain brand. But I use Regular Slinky on my Laguna Strat knockoff
Quote by naedauuf
Shit working 24 hours a week at $12 an hour makes me rich?

BOW BEFORE ME PEASANTS.
i play the dunlop heavy cores right now and they are great and last quite a while. elixirs are a bit too expensive (there electrics anyways, i use their acoustics because i dont need to change them as often) I'm an every day kind of player (just as a hobby, no gigging) and i'll get roughly a month out of them if i really try and stretch it. if you want better longevity try the ernie ball cobalts (i didnt really care for the feel of them) or, some of my favorites, the ernie ball titaniums