I've never really been great with any of tone parts of guitar and I've never been able to really figure out how to get a good tone, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on making tones or tell me some of your own tone settings. I'm trying to get a good metalcore tone (One for leads and one for rhythms), more towards the tones of bands like August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, and As I Lay Dying Thanks in advance! :P
There's only one way - sell the Spider and buy a real amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Every answer on here is going to tell you to get a new amp. Spiders are poor excuses for modeling amps, just about every other modeler does it better.
Crank the mids, chill out with the highs, lows and gain. Hope for the best.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It is what it is. People will question my sanity but I have heard respectable metal tones come out of a Spider amp. I don't know the ins and outs of it but it is possible. By the same token I've heard people make their mesa dual recs, 5150s and engls sound terrible too. People often overlook the user when dealing with gear...
Quote by Offworld92
Crank the mids, chill out with the highs, lows and gain. Hope for the best.

+1

That's what I do with mine and its decent enough for practice.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Don't use the modulation effects they are truely awful.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.