im going to buy either a duncan sh-5 (custom) or sh-14 (custom V) for my epi les paul studio deluxe. Which one would be best? My amp is a line 6 pod hd into a tech 21 power engine 60 i play mostly metal stuff but also want to be able to do lower gain. i play muse, SOAD and RATM mostly. please help im going to buy it right now
also i want one that has more character and treble as the stock pickups sound dull and lifeless to me and also muddy.
Personally I'm a fan of Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invaders. They are more mids than treble but they are great for metal. The cleans are ok but could be better.

Could try a Duncan JB I think they are more on the treble side of tone.
Invaders have a more notable bass than anything else. The JB has a strong spike in the upper mids, not quite treble. Not sure how well these would work with an LP though. For drop tunings you'll want something that is quite tight. This will avoid muddiness between lower notes.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Neither. I tried a JB and wasn't impressed at all. All of the Seymour Duncans I've tried turned to mud under gain. Di Marzios seemed better but there's nothing like Bare Knuckle. More expensive but on a different planet in terms of quality.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
If you drop tune a lot dimarzio D sonic is great, Dimarzio X2N are full of life but you need to try one before buying it as it is not like nothing else. Also +1 for barnuckles, expensive but amazing, you'll get what you pay for
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
I would go SH-14 out of those two.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X